Centerline Split Spoke Wheels

david wilson

Ok, I think I like these wheels enough to put them on the GN. I was thinking 17" wheels, with either 7" or 8" wide in the fronts, and 8" or maybe the 9.5" wide in the rear.
What do you guys reccomend as far as backspace, and will the 9.5" in the rear even fit? Any and all help appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 12672splitspoke.jpg
    12672splitspoke.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 324
I think they look great!...They remind me a little of the Billet Specialties "Street Lites" I bought for my car...I went with 15"x7" for the front and 15"x10" rears...

Claude. ;)

I agree, they look alot alike. What backspacing are yours and do you have any pics? Did the rears fit without notching or rolling the fenders?

I agree, they look alot alike. What backspacing are yours and do you have any pics? Did the rears fit without notching or rolling the fenders?
David, the rear spacing on the fronts (15"x7") is 3.5" and for the rears ("15x10"), the r.s. is 4.50". the rears did fit without notching but I did have to use a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side because the rear axle is (on most GN's) not perfectly centered under the car.:rolleyes: The fender lips were already rolled when I bought these wheels because I need all the room I can get with the slicks at the track! :) I'm including a few pics below...

hope this helps...

Claude. :)

I have a 9.5 rim in the back with a 4.75bs.:biggrin:tires are 275/40/17 fills up the wheel wells pretty good

Attachments

• 012 nite.jpg
    012 nite.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 372
David,go with a 9.5 and 4.75 for the rears and 8'' with 4'bs for the fronts to give it that TUFF look.

Basically I agree with the comments above but I prefer the way a 275 tire fits on a 9" rim......i prefer a little sidewall "buldge" (so to speak). :p