Central Illinois syty, GN, GM meet

12secondSY

Planning on having a meet in the peoria and bloomington area for syty's and GN's. Other GM's are also invited. Just a simple meet, eat at Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings. Show off our cars, and then take a cruise. I have no problem with racing as long as it doesnt endanger anyone else and as long as no one else attending has any problems with it. Specifics are undecided, there is a decent amount of interest among local syty'ers. Please email me if interested and let me know when you are available(it will be on a saturday or sunday). Hoping to have it this month sometime. I'll try to check back here but no guarantees. Check syty.net for updates under midwest region. Title of the thread is central illinois. I cant post the url because I dont have enough posts on here to do it(im assuming its a spam prevention thing).

My email is mhardw3@yahoo.com
Ill email you back the time and place when its decided if you email me and are interested.

You are welcome to attend our meet being held July 28th in Busse Woods. Sy's & Ty's are welcome as well as other makes.

I'd hit your central IL meet this month assuming the rain washes away the snow & salt.

Hey can I bring both? Honestly most people wouldn't get there cars out in March, I normally get the cars off the storage insurance in April. I know five to six guys in your neck of woods with GNs, I will let them know if you pick a date. As Phil stated you are more than welcome to join us on July 28th.

Prasad

Sure, bring both if you want. The reason for the meet is because some of us cant take waiting. LOL. I just got the new engine in mine. I owned it for a month and put a hole in a piston and the tranny started acting up. $9000 and 13 months later I'm ready to drive it again :biggrin: . There seems to be a lot of interest from things other than syty's and GN's. Couple mustangs might show, some F-bodys, maybe even SRT4's and a pretty cool turbo diesel. So that should give us poor slow turbo gm guys something to pick on:wink: .

I think a good time would be 5-7pm Saturday meet at hooters big back lot. Around 7 or 8 we can leave to take a cruise and maybe have an afterparty downtown 10pm or so for those wanting to go out late. By planning it Saturday if the forcast calls for rain earlier that week we can always do it sunday instead around noon. But plan for saturday at this point.

Anyone have requests for a cruise route? I thought maybe through downtown by Bradley University and up to War Memorial. Get out to the shoppes at grand praire and hop on the interstate north for a few minutes to come back down route 29 back into peoria. If anyone knows a good place to snap a few pictures Im all ears. The tops of empty parking decks are usually a cool place to get them at night. Or the circle at the bottom of main street right off the river. Trying to keep a route with a little of everything. Some in town so we can turn some heads, some out of town for playing.

Weather.com shows 68 and partly cloudy for saturday. A good turnout of local cars/trucks is expected. All makes and models are now coming. My truck just broke tonight but Im having a new ecm overnighted that should be here tuesday. Just wanted to give an update, cant wait to see everyone there. :D

Its now showing a 70% chance of tstorms. If it is thunderstorming it will be held the following saturday, same time and place. Call me at (309)241-4598 if you want to know if its still going on or not tomorrow.