You can type here any text you want

Champion GN1 Race Intake question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

i was wondering if the gn1 race intakes are any taller than stock.

the reason i am asking is becasue i would like to fit my 4" inlet and 3" outlet onto the motor without using a spacer if possible.

has anyone tried to do this?

thanks

Alright some one with experience.

a couple of more questions for you, what size charge pipe are you using? 2.5" or 3" also, is your turbo 3 or 4 bolt, and what type of header are you using as i presume all of these things can affect turbo location.

thanks alot.

oh one last thing, does it rub on the hood insulation?

I have one...but the motor isnt in the car yet. i have researched clearance issues and found the only problem is coilpack to wiper arm clearance. Ive been told that the coil pack bracket needs to be cut down. :cool:

Alright some one with experience.

a couple of more questions for you, what size charge pipe are you using? 2.5" or 3" also, is your turbo 3 or 4 bolt, and what type of header are you using as i presume all of these things can affect turbo location.

thanks alot.

oh one last thing, does it rub on the hood insulation?

3" charge pipe, 3 bolt ATR header - will be going 4 bolt real soon! I made a new coil bracket to clear the wiper trans & modded my throttle bracket to sit lower on the intake. No one seems to want to give out any info on this dame intake!

since you are giving away all your secrets on this intake, did you get the thing port matched to your heads?

and does it rub up against the hood insulation ( i am assuming it does).

thanks again. If there is anything else i should know about the intake please please let me know.

I had my port matched. Looking to mod the throttle bracket, I assume that the vacuum block rubs the insulation. My buddies car has a spacer and we had to cut out a peice because it hit, so Im going to assume that the raised intake will hit also

since you are giving away all your secrets on this intake, did you get the thing port matched to your heads?

and does it rub up against the hood insulation ( i am assuming it does).

thanks again. If there is anything else i should know about the intake please please let me know.

I port matched the intake to my race ported GN-1's myself -didn't need much! Mostly just cut the bump from the sides of the runners. I have HR parts motor mounts with poly body mounts & everything clears the hood pad! I also cut apart my throttle bracket & raised the mounting point about a half inch - tv cable is level with the throttle body now.

Chasmat, would you possibly be able to take a couple of photos to show us the clearence of the 4" and 3" and your custom throttle linkage cable???

or at least email them?

Here's my specs...4" inlet with a 3" outlet with a 3" up pipe with no spacers. 3.5" downpipe, 70GTQ DBB 3 bolt turbo with ATR headers. You may have to modify your coil bracket to keep them from hitting the wiper arms. I've tilted my coils forward as seen in the picture. I can't comment on hood clearance since I have a Malibu with a cowl hood.

engine3.jpg

engine1.jpg

very nice! You must tell me where you got your intake pipe and your cherge pipe. please. i really like the large swooping radius of the charge pipe. Does it kink pretty hard when it goes into the intercooler?

The up pipe you see in those pictures is a 3" 16 gauge 90* x 9" centerline radius. The pipe coming out of the turbo and going to the intercooler is a 3" 16 gauge 90* x 4.5" centerline radius. They clear the stock fan and the Dodge Intrepid dual fans like I have.

I forgot the site I bought these pipes from but they were pretty cheap.

enginepipes.jpg

enginepipes1.jpg

intercoolerpipes.jpg

That looks awesome!!! You must remember that website you bought those from. i tried racepartsolutions.com but they do not specify the radius of their bends, so i do not think it was them.

i am just looking at you pipes coming out of the intercooler, what type of bend are they? one of them looks like another 90*x4.5" radius, but i cannot be too sure.

Also the 4" pipe, it is bend up just like the Full Throttle 4" MAF pipe, but i do not see any seems from welding... please tell me more about it too.

thanks for the help and info.

I have the GN1 intake with ported Irons, no port matching was needed.

There is no clearence issues in the car with the cottons front mount, it just rubs the insulator pad on the highest point of the charge pipe that goes into the TB. My 4" intake isn't here yet but I test fitted one and it fit fine.

Brandon!

Back