You can type here any text you want

Champion Intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87-TURBO-T

I have a new champion ported intake and had a question. part of the injector o-ring seat has been machined away in cylinders 2 and 4. I put a o-ring in and it appears that it will seal....

Attachments

• SANY2404.jpg
    SANY2404.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 374
  • SANY2405.jpg
    SANY2405.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 369
Should be fine in my opinion. O-rings are more important on diameter. I dont think you will get any kind of blow-by on it. Lets see what some others think.

:biggrin:

Im with Coach on this one .The o-ring seals on the out side and the inside. I would be more worried about the vacuum sucking the ring in the port but the plastic retainer will hold it from doing that. When they port they really port.

Did champion do the work?

If so I'd call to get their opinion, I'm sure they have seen this before. They may have not even noticed it and informing them may offer you some protection.:confused:

That condition is COMPLETELY normal. Slap it on and run it. If your ported intake doesn't look like that.......... then they missed a bunch of material that should have been removed. IMO Yes, the O-rings seal on the O.D. only.

4.1 291 prod block question

in the hot air section someone posted you are knowledgable about 4.1. I'm in process with a prod block with stock type replacement pistons. At tdc the piston is .103 below the deck without a head gasket. Am I going to be able to get 8 or 8.5 to 1 compression? Thank you in advance for any help you may offer hotairgnx548

Back