You can type here any text you want

Champion rails with aftermarket lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
What are you guys running for lines with your champion fuel rails?
I have champion fuel rails and want to run -10 feed -8 return, but need ideas on how to get -10 to billet FPR?

It just seems like a bottleneck to reduce the size.

TT/Ameasap said:
What are you guys running for lines with your champion fuel rails?
I have champion fuel rails and want to run -10 feed -8 return, but need ideas on how to get -10 to billet FPR?

It just seems like a bottleneck to reduce the size.

You can use a reducer fitting from the line to the regulator

The Champ rails are -8 AN if I remember correct, you are saying the FPR you have is -10AN in?
FWIW...I run -10 feed split to -8's right before champ rails....then exit rails w/ -8's to FPR, works fantastic.

The biggest FPR fittings I could find is -8AN inlet and outlet. Thats what I was looking for. This is the Fuelab FPR.
I am getting rid of the restrictive stock style billet FPR and running short Champion Rails. This will help with having a larger return.
So I will have -10 line from tank to -10 Fuel pump to -10 fuel filter and -10 all the way to rails, -8 fuel rails, then from -8 fuel rails to -8 FPR to -8 Return all the way back to tank.

Well, i was going with the stock style FPR and decided to go with the fuelab FPR which is -8 in -8 out with the short -8 Champion rails. Problem with the stock FPR is the return restriction......My feed line is -10 going to the PS fuel rail...Which will have to reduce to -8 for the champion rail.
Is that clear as mud?lol

Your setup should work just fine, it may be a bit easier for you to split the -10 feed under the car w/ a Y Block...then dual -8's exiting from the Y Block into the Champ rails...just from a room perspective, the -8 lines are more friendly and in theory should keep the pressure up w/ the reduction. I have mine done this way w/ a Weldon 2035 and it has plenty of fuel, my FPR is an Aeromotive fed -8 all around and it regulates just fine. Either way, you should be fed!

Where exactly are your -8 feeds going? PS Fuel rail?

Would you happen to have a pic of this setup?

0206131731.jpg
0206131713.jpg

Ahhh...so, I can split the -10 line to two -8 lines with a Y block under the car and run them to the back of the fuel rails. The front of the fuel rails will hook up as seen in the pics.

i would have used 45deg hose ends at back of rails , a 45 off the driver rail and 120 at the driverside to the regulator but i was trying to recycle the fittings firechaser had

the return is -8 out the bottom of regulator, hose run along side the motor mount along side of the prop valve and back to the tank

Are the Champion rails anodized on the inside? Isn't that a requirement for E85?

They could be. I'd imagine that they are extruded aluminum to the spec size with anodized coating. Drilled and tapped on the ends. But I could be wrong. I will get a close look at mine while they are off.

I do have a hard time thinking that corrosion will occure under pressure with the liquid flowing instead of just sitting.

Back