You can type here any text you want

ChampionGN-1 intake or ported stocker?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Heater pipes works fine.

stroker_intake1.jpg

I made a custom coil bracket to tilt the coils towards the front.

stroke3.jpg

intakeplenum.jpg

My wipers were cutting the tops of the ignition wires with the stock bracket. I have also replaced my body bushings and have good engine mounts.

If you have engine mounts that are weak/settled along with good body bushings they may clear the wipers better.

If you have new engine mounts and weak/settled body bushings they may hit worse.

My wipers were cutting the tops of the ignition wires with the stock bracket. I have also replaced my body bushings and have good engine mounts.

If you have engine mounts that are weak/settled along with good body bushings they may clear the wipers better.

If you have new engine mounts and weak/settled body bushings they may hit worse.

So shortening the legs on the bracket should take care of this problem,correct? I will have feedback on this intake soon. Full race ported and matching heads.

I have HR motor & trans mounts with poly body bushings? How much do ya think would have to come off the coil bracket to clear?

any new info or pic's of installed intake in car? will my Accufab fuel reg work with the new rails?

This is about all the pictures I can provide.

Before I modified the intake for dual fuel rails. This is a brand NEW intake in this picture...
intakesideview.jpg

After dual fuel rails and installed on car. See the clearance behind the coil even though I have tilted them forward to avoid the wiper transmission.

intaketop.jpg

intaketop1.jpg

intaketop2.jpg

intaketop3.jpg

Other pictures...

intakesideview2.jpg

intake1.JPG

intaketop.jpg

intakediag.jpg

intakewide.jpg

Wow alot went into that setup with the duel fuel & all, looks great! But I would love to see unmodded pic's in a car to see what has to be done to clear the wipers. I was thinking of maybe cutting the two coil bosses down about a half inch & redrilling the coil pack to move it forward about an inch or so. Has anyone done this? Thanx

I just want to know if it will hit the factory hood pad ?
for 8 months no one can tell me for sure.

I just want to know if it will hit the factory hood pad ?
for 8 months no one can tell me for sure.

Yeah I hear ya! I would like to know what I'm up against before I swing the new motor in. No one seems to want to share info?

I can't tell you exactly since I have a 78 Malibu but from the top most part of my cam sensor to the top of my vacuum block is 9". This is measuring straight up from the cam sensor. My up pipe going to the throttle body is also 9" above the cam sensor. That's all I can tell you about my set-up. It's time for the GN guys to step in.....

9 Inches_high.jpg

Back