charcoal vapor canister

G

GNJeremy

I want to remove my charcoal vapor canister so there is more room for the K&N filter. What do I need to do to make this work? do I plug the line that was hooked up to the canister? Will the ecm throw error codes?

ATR has a relocater kit. I would not unplug it.

Other option is to unbolt it and move it to the side....

HTH

Joel

I was at the car craft summernationals last weekend and I saw a few TRs with thier canisters removed. One of the owners said you don't them, and just to take it out. I didn't get to talk to the other owner, so I don't know what he did. It seems like it would just be easier to take it out all together, as opposed to relocating it.

Can anyone out there tell me if they have removed theirs?

CANNISTER??

If you do remove it, do not plug the line going to the tank. You will block the tank vent and cause all kinds of fuel delivery problems!! Ask me how I know!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have seen a few that have been removed, and they always have had some kind of filter on the line that goes to the tank, so you dont suck dirt in to it.

Mine is still in the car.

I removed mine, but I could not deal with the gas smell. Sooo, I placed it where the old airbox was. Done.

I removed mine and got no error codes. When you disconnect the hose that goes to the canister from the fuel tank, do not cut the hose. Put a small filter on the end of it and feed it down beside the frame rail. You can use a wire tie so that it does not move. I have not had a problem with fuel smell because it is vented below the body of the car.
Hey Chuck, how would you like it if someone plugged your hose. It does'nt take long to figure things out, huh... LOL
See ya at Reynolds
Dave