You can type here any text you want

Chaseing down a vaccume leek

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KillrV6

Former owner
in my quest to slay the demon that has been haunting my car for some time, i have decided to look for vaccume leeks with some carb cleaner.

what are some places besides the vac hoses on top of the throttle body that i should check?

just list em here and ill check em :) thanks for any help in advance

In looking for vacuum leaks, I found the check valve located by the EGR to be bad.
You could also try pinching the lines to see if you get a change.

do a search, there have been some posts about pressuring up the intake system to check for leaks. Doing it that way I found my throttle shaft bushings to be leaking badly (but only when the throttle was open, it sealed fine when closed) and my EGR valve was leaking. I never would have found those leaks by spraying something on the engine as it was running.

John

HMMMM i THINK i found one...

i spreyed the aria just above the PCV which is the hoses that go to the top of the throttle body. the problem is i have no idea what one is leeking??

Originally posted by KillrV6
HMMMM i THINK i found one...

i spreyed the aria just above the PCV which is the hoses that go to the top of the throttle body. the problem is i have no idea what one is leeking??

If your vac hoses are anything like mine were, you'd want to replace them all. I had to cut them all off to get the vac block off. Just go down to the parts store and get a few feet of each size just to be prepared.

Back