You can type here any text you want

Chasing cracks in my Exhaust headers..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
84-85 hot air headers work too. just to let you know. hot air section guys are always selling them.
i think charlie has a pair for sale too.
I found this full set up, i might have to change the turbo in pipe but.. since everything else is there it should work fine as long as the actual headers match to the exhaust ports. They look like they will fit... the ebay ad says 87..
ebay headers.jpg

I found this full set up, i might have to change the turbo in pipe but.. since everything else is there it should work fine as long as the actual headers match to the exhaust ports. They look like they will fit... the ebay ad says 87..
View attachment 145736

You will find that those are the worst fitting headers ever made. The flanges are cut wrong and won't fit the heads without some major surgery. Lots of threads on how bad they are made. :)

I put the cast irons on about 7 years ago and NEVER had a problem since.

For any of you guys fighting with cracked manifolds. The most successful way ive found is to bead blast the areas to be welded on both sides if possible. Use a TIG with inconel rod. Weld as much as possible with the manifold bolted to a head or you will get warpage. MIG welding is a guaranteed fail. Using stainless wire is a fail after a short time too. Ive had them las a couple years with this method. MIG welding them might give you a couple weeks if you dont warp the hell out of them.

Tig welded with no leaks on turbo side, replaced the driver side with a cast iron header. Thanks for all your help, patience and advice.

Back