You can type here any text you want

Cheap Upgrades For a Limited 4.1 V6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikejustowns

I wanted to know if anyone had any advice on simple and inepensive was to add horse power to a non-turbo :mad: 4.1. I know it has a longer block and bigger but sometimes I feel I could walk faster than this thing?

So any advice would be appreciated. =]

Anyone know the base horse power for an 84 Regal Limited with the 4.1?
I had no luck looking it up.

-Mike

It is externally the same dimensions as the 3.8. No longer or bigger. Bigger bore but same crank stroke as the 3.8. You could upgrade the ignition system and start moving the timing a bit and see where you get the most power. There might be some chips out there (HyperTech) that might give you a bit more power with a cooler thermostat. Open up the exhaust and have someone who really knows the Q-jet to work that for you.

It is externally the same dimensions as the 3.8. No longer or bigger. Bigger bore but same crank stroke as the 3.8. You could upgrade the ignition system and start moving the timing a bit and see where you get the most power. There might be some chips out there (HyperTech) that might give you a bit more power with a cooler thermostat. Open up the exhaust and have someone who really knows the Q-jet to work that for you.

Thanks. I want to do a cat back system to help the exhaust. As for timing I should be able to do that next week? May I ask what the Q-Jet is? :confused:

Thanks. I want to do a cat back system to help the exhaust. As for timing I should be able to do that next week? May I ask what the Q-Jet is? :confused:

Really !!? q-jet !!!? its a quadrajet.. the carburetor... are you sure you should me messing with this thing ?

Really !!? q-jet !!!? its a quadrajet.. the carburetor... are you sure you should me messing with this thing ?

I knew it had something to do with the Carb. I quess the real question was do I need the whole car or just the inards. On Freddys Recipe it sounded like I just needed the jets. What car could I get the card out of?

There are different hangers for the secondary metering rods and different metering rods and door adjustments, Primary adjustments. SO many things that can be done with the Q-jet to make more power and still pull good mileage from it. I used to run them on my Monza's all the time until I went to a tunnel ram. I would match my Q-jet to anyone's Holley and be able to out perform them carb to carb. I also liked to run the 795 versions, my favorite one was from a 74 Vette that I built. You will have to have it worked to find out what your car likes in response and tuning. They are not all the same. Especially non turbo. A 650cfm Q would be great. Not too big and not too small. GREAT primaries.

Wow. That sounds alot more compilicated then I thought. I would like to find a GN exhaust for make one cheap if its possible.

There's an Offenhauser 4bbl intake and 471 blower for sale on ebay.That'll get her moving. (for a Buick V6)

Item #250315260706

I ve got a set of headers and true dual custom catback exhaust system for it if interested.

The only downside would be that sticking out of the hood. =[ But for the extra power. I'd take it. Would that pretty much just bolt up and then put the belts on and your all set to go type of thing?

Back