Cheapest denatured alky source in Houston

Whtlightning

What's the best price you guys have found around town? I've check Home
Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc and the best price I've seen so far is
$10.99/gallon.

Thanks,
Justin
NW Houston

How close is HRP to you? I purchase them.

Houston Raceway Park. $3.00 a gallon. 99% methanol
I take my 5 gallon util jug and it last forever.

I've got the SMC kit and can only run denatured alky, no methanol, but thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else using denatured?

No suggestions??? You can't tell me everyone in Houston buys their denatured alky at full price from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Sorry we haven't been much help. I purchased mine from Home Depot for $10 a gallon until I purchased a 5 gallon util jug and started buying methanol at the track for $3. I sometimes purchase from a friend that has 10 55 gallon drums of it at his shop for $2.50 but he isn't always available.

In the previous post, you stated that you can't run it because of the SMC pump. I didn't know this. Can you with the Marvel Mystery oil or whatever it is they use.

I appreciate your responses. From my understanding you can't use methanol with the SMC kit regardless if you use MM oil. Actually you are suppose to use Klotz lubricant. Hopefully someone else with chime in.

BTW, I can't make the galveston run this weekend, but maybe we can sync up another time.

Something you might try is calling some of the distrubutors for the chemical plants around here. Where I work we buy Methanol and Ethanol (sp) by the truck load. I would think if you had at least a 5 gal can or larger they might sell you some.

Just a suggestion.

Good Luck

Back when I was looking, I think I tried every phone number in the book. I called a plant and couldn't really get anyone that knew anything about the sell of alcohol.

Try Craig Caulk in Pasadena. I think his shop is Caulk Racing or Craig Caulk Racing. I know he has methanol, he might have denatured.

I finally picked up some from ICI paints near 1960 & Fallbrook. I spoke with Ricardo and got their account price of $9.60/gallon.

justabuickv6 said:
Back when I was looking, I think I tried every phone number in the book. I called a plant and couldn't really get anyone that knew anything about the sell of alcohol.

Try Craig Caulk in Pasadena. I think his shop is Caulk Racing or Craig Caulk Racing. I know he has methanol, he might have denatured.
Just called them and they are going to start stocking it.

As far as HRP ........ Guess I need need to take 1/2 day off and drive up for a "required appointment" to get some meth. :eek:

There has GOT to be another place right in Houston to buy methanol! This is only the oil capital of the world!