You can type here any text you want

Check engine light and XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
86GN with recent XFI install ,car up and going all seems well. Check engine light is coming on. This was after a brief on ramp blast.
Turned car off came back, check engine lamp did not reappear. No error codes seen on dash board.
Should I be concerned ?

Thanks
N2BUICK

Did you log the error codes, if you did not you will lose the code when the key is shut off. One of the pitfalls of the XFI system unfortunately. It could be a concern depending on what it is.

I did log the event, but errors codes are not on the list, should they be ? Maybe until I get the car sorted out ?
Side note, I did see the volts going to 15.9, could this be the volt booster ?
Obvious challanged in these matters, without the stock ECM how does the car have the ability to set the check engine lamp ?

The caspers adapter hooks up the light to the XFI. It should be in your log if you logged them. Unless you didn;t log both error code channels. I really don;t like those volt boosters they trick the alternator into feeding more volts strange things can happen.

I did log the event, but errors codes are not on the list, should they be ? Maybe until I get the car sorted out ?
Obvious challanged in these matters, without the stock ECM how does the car have the ability to set the check engine lamp ?

Check your injector duty cycle on the log:eek:
100% will trip a light;)
15.9 volts wont set a light that's just your volt booster doing what it is designed to do...

The XFI can and does have the ability to trigger a SES or CE light. It stores the codes in memory until you turn the key off. If it sets a code (turns the SES or CE light), you need to hook a laptop up and see what triggered it. You go online with it then "view", then "Display ECU Fault Status" It will pop up and tell you what it was.....

HTH

The XFI can and does have the ability to trigger a SES or CE light. It stores the codes in memory until you turn the key off. If it sets a code (turns the SES or CE light), you need to hook a laptop up and see what triggered it. You go online with it then "view", then "Display ECU Fault Status" It will pop up and tell you what it was.....

HTH
Finally got the chance to log a session. The XFI error code was #8 which is TPS.
The code side the TPS was at or near its limit ? I remember the code came on at the same time I hit the throttle.Not
sure what to do about it. I will look at it later this week.
Thanks for the responses
N2BUICK

Finally got the chance to log a session. The XFI error code was #8 which is TPS.
The code side the TPS was at or near its limit ? I remember the code came on at the same time I hit the throttle.Not
sure what to do about it. I will look at it later this week.
Thanks for the responses
N2BUICK

have you calibrated the tps sensor? what is the voltage and tps % at idle and at wot?

view dashboard and look for raw tps, that will be the voltage

have you calibrated the tps sensor? what is the voltage and tps % at idle and at wot?

view dashboard and look for raw tps, that will be the voltage

x2 recalibrate the tps...if you have trouble with it pm me your number and a time to call and i can walk you through it!

Sounds familiar lol I just had (this past week) the XFI installed on my GN and would get a ses light at WOT it turned out the Injectors were maxed out setting the light. (Channel 2 fail code 8=Inj DC Maxed Out) Going to a bigger injector.

I don't claim to know anything about this system but it is for sure bad azz! We did the maiden voyage last night and I'm still grinning from ear to ear. lol

Just a note, the Scanmaster for the XFI reads trouble codes, so if the "Change Engine" light comes on, you don't need to go digging for the laptop.

Bob

Just a note, the Scanmaster for the XFI reads trouble codes, so if the "Change Engine" light comes on, you don't need to go digging for the laptop.

Bob

I need to get one of these. It's only been one day without the Scanmaster and I miss it.

The vendors will have them starting next week. Hartline and TurboTweak will be carrying them.

B

I lernt that to. If code comes up, don't kill the Ignition or the XFI re-set's. Here what i photo'd on my cellphone from F.A.S.T.
aaa1113120944.JPG

Rather than use that cheat sheet, just click "View/Display ECU Fault Status" and see what box is checked
Thats what I always do...here I thought I missing something with all the talk of ecu fail code numbers LOL

Back