Check This Out!

HOLY CR@P!.............A few years back you could pick those up for about $50(maybe a little more) on E-Bay. I think Kirban had a bunch of them too for about the same amount at one time.

GNX Books go for a lot less too

I bid on that one and lost out. I don't have one for my GNX. If any one has one to spare for sale, please let me know.

GNX # 41 said:
Is there a way to tell an original from a reproduction or reprint?
To this date there have not been any aftermarket reprints of this manual. It would be very easy to tell a reprint due to the fact that the factory manual is a heavy old paper that has a distinctive look to it. Though you would have to have contact with an original manual to know that look.

I asked because I have been able to buy a couple of these on Ebay for less than 100 dollars and I compared them to the one that came from the original owner when I bought my GNX and I couldn't tell from the original how if one was reprinted how you could tell the difference? On my old Shelby manuals the originals have perforated pull outs and other precise things to distinguish a reprint from original.

How certain are you that no reprints exist?

GNX # 41 said:
I asked because I have been able to buy a couple of these on Ebay for less than 100 dollars and I compared them to the one that came from the original owner when I bought my GNX and I couldn't tell from the original how if one was reprinted how you could tell the difference? On my old Shelby manuals the originals have perforated pull outs and other precise things to distinguish a reprint from original.

How certain are you that no reprints exist?
That 100.00 price on Ebay is long gone, that must of been years ago. Just like 2 years ago you could still buy a GNX for 30,000. I am only going on personal experience that there are no reprints. I have had many manuals, originals with my cars, ones that I have bought off of Ebay, and ones that I have bought directly from ASC. All of them were identical.

Shelby guy's were beating the "reprints " to death a few weeks ago :eek: ... today with all the wiz bang printers out there NOTHING is impossible :p

Really hard to duplicate the old paper and perforations on those 65,66,67 Shelby manuals. Nobody is that ambitious yet.

Guess its time to start selling off the rest of the Owners manual supplements I have left on ebay.

Joe

I've had one bought of E-Bay a few years..........and when compared to my orginal...........you can't tell the difference.

davege said:
And everybody gets upset about the prices of NOS 89 TTA wires with the correct graphics on them for $300.00. ;)

- Dave

Dave people don't have a clue on what is going to come with parts :cool: I have been cleaning out of some of my Cobra and Shelby stuff I have had for years .. talk about crazy !! :eek:

70Mach1 said:
Talk about the Shelby guys, check out this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...ewItemQQcategoryZ34202QQitemZ4603926699QQrdZ1

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ford...ewItemQQcategoryZ33665QQitemZ8034333956QQrdZ1

I know it is Ford stuff, but that book looks cheap compared to these.

OMG! That is crazy for a set of plugwires. I guess that is the reason I hold onto some of my old stock parts.....you know, in hopes that some day, they will just as valuable. ;)