Chicago Police aka "REVENUE" SUCK

Not all cops have it out for us. I have been given thumbs up and many have followed me home after getting on it, rather than pulling me over. They just keep driving by.

The best was nine or so years ago when I had all of my tools stolen out of my car. The Sheriff asked if I had my name engraved on them, I said no. His suggestion was that I replace the tools and put my last name on them in case they are ever stolen and recovered. After I replaced the tools I needed for work and a week or so goes by, he and a deputy come by the house and ask my wife if she could ID the tools that were stolen. They actually recovered everything!!! The only problem was I had replaced all the tools and put my name on the new ones. I was very appreciative for that.

It seems as the years pass, more and more people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. The police have a job to do and if you are breaking the law you deserve a ticket...odds are you had broken that same law (speeding, parking, no seatbelt (which is a law), ripping your car off of a light, etc.) many other times and had not been caught. When you finally get caught, instead of just being respectful and admitting to your mistake, many people go on rants towards the police. Do you really think that the police don't have a tough enough job dealing with the worst our society has to offer? Every time they go into a domestic disturbance call or even pull someone over, their lives can be a risk. And it is not like they are getting paid a ton of money to do the job that they do.

Kick a cop in the nuts? I've got a few buddies that are officers in the city and the burbs that I would pay to see anyone attempt to kick in the nuts. Try to grow up and be a little more respectful towards people in general, it will go a long way.

ripping your car off of a light

In NJ, there are no laws specifically against 'ripping your car off at a light'. There is a vague statute around 'careless driving' but since 320 HP moving a 5,000 Cadillac from a light - even at full throttle - can hardly be considered 'careless', he wrote me for 'improper passing' (even though there was no passing involved). The guy busted my stones because the car was louder than most (yet ear-splitting Harleys go unnoticed). I had done nothing wrong, he was just an ass. Like any general population there are a certain number of cops that are just a$$holes. He was one of them.

I know lots of local cops and they're all good people. Had this guy given me a ticket I'd have it taken care of. But since it was a written warning there was no reason to do anything about it.

Jim

It seems as the years pass, more and more people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. The police have a job to do and if you are breaking the law you deserve a ticket...odds are you had broken that same law (speeding, parking, no seatbelt (which is a law), ripping your car off of a light, etc.) many other times and had not been caught. When you finally get caught, instead of just being respectful and admitting to your mistake, many people go on rants towards the police. Do you really think that the police don't have a tough enough job dealing with the worst our society has to offer? Every time they go into a domestic disturbance call or even pull someone over, their lives can be a risk. And it is not like they are getting paid a ton of money to do the job that they do.

Kick a cop in the nuts? I've got a few buddies that are officers in the city and the burbs that I would pay to see anyone attempt to kick in the nuts. Try to grow up and be a little more respectful towards people in general, it will go a long way.

Your right, I do have some anger issues, I do admit that but only when pushed over line. I see cops speeding, no seat belts, crossing yellow lines and blowing red lights all the time, Why can't I give them a ticket?

I'll grow up when the system starts to serve and protect instead of harass and arrest. :rolleyes:

In NJ, there are no laws specifically against 'ripping your car off at a light'. There is a vague statute around 'careless driving' but since 320 HP moving a 5,000 Cadillac from a light - even at full throttle - can hardly be considered 'careless', he wrote me for 'improper passing' (even though there was no passing involved). The guy busted my stones because the car was louder than most (yet ear-splitting Harleys go unnoticed). I had done nothing wrong, he was just an ass. Like any general population there are a certain number of cops that are just a$$holes. He was one of them.

I know lots of local cops and they're all good people. Had this guy given me a ticket I'd have it taken care of. But since it was a written warning there was no reason to do anything about it.

Jim

I'm with you Jim. I got a ticket for "Improper starting of a stopped vehicle" when I was a teenager. I was pissed about the ticket but figured I deserved it for all of the other stupid stuff that I had done behind the wheel of a car. There are plenty of a-hole cops, but that is just a factor of the population as you say since there are plenty of people that are just a-holes for no reason. We share a very similar point of view on this.

Your right, I do have some anger issues, I do admit that but only when pushed over line. I see cops speeding, no seat belts, crossing yellow lines and blowing red lights all the time, Why can't I give them a ticket?

I'll grow up when the system starts to serve and protect instead of harass and arrest. :rolleyes:

In general "serve and protect" is what the police are doing. I don't think too many of these guys put their lives on the line every day because of the pay. There are always a few that will push their authority too far, as there are a few accountant, doctors and teachers that will do the same.

Your ticket for no seatbelt was a valid ticket...that is the law. I am in the medical field and you wouldn't believe how many people end up as vegetables and the government ends up footing the bill for them for the rest of their lives. Your airbags aren't going to keep you in the car if for some reason you roll it. I moved out to Arizona last year and you wouldn't believe the number of vehicles that leave the road and go tumbling into the desert. No need for a lesson on seatbelts, just stating that there is a very valid safety and financial reason for the law to be upheld.:biggrin: