China Headers

Tony Shoaff

Did anyone have a issue with the turbo mounting to the header flange? I got mine on lastnight and there is a gap between them with a gasket on the flange. Has anyone ever used two gaskets instead of one?

The more crap I hear about those China knock off headers...the more I just cringe. I won't be buying any headers for my car that are made over there.

SPX-7's

I'm not sure yet if they are SPx-7 headers. When I ordered them I had no idea there are several on e-bay being sold. I ordered a pair from Nick Micale
today. I don't have time for this. I'm ready to go racing and now I wait another week for parts.:mad:

People gotta realize that the stock headers will flow fine into the low 11s/high 10s- if you want pretty, have the stock ones chromed, or painted, or whatever.....

We've seen this stuff before- raving about parts that are basically a waste of cash. It'll pass......

People gotta realize that the stock headers will flow fine into the low 11s/high 10s- if you want pretty, have the stock ones chromed, or painted, or whatever.....

We've seen this stuff before- raving about parts that are basically a waste of cash. It'll pass......

I agree, and the stockers can be made to look good,and yes, it's ceramic coated, not powder coated.

lc2drool.jpg

There's a guy that lives by me that just bought a set of these. All I can say is :eek: Not for me. Remember that last post with passenger side header. How the exhaust tubes met the main up tube to the turbo. Same thing with his. The second I saw them I looked in side the tube on saw the pore work man ship on the inside. :mad: How are you guys buying this junk. You get what you pay for! :)

The stock headers suck. I've gone 132 mph in a full weight GN with untouched stock headers.

The stock headers suck. I've gone 132 mph in a full weight GN with untouched stock headers.

Exactly. Most cars out there dont need them. Mine went 10.14 coasting, stock headers, 3in DP, blowing the IC pipe at 1,000 ft.. Then a string of low 10s.

First They Took Away Our Jobs And Now This ....buy Made In The Usa..........and I Am Canadian

10.65@126.1 I want more!!

Turn up the boost, add timing, lower your 60 foot...you know, the normal stuff:cool:

Louie's knocking on the 9s- I don't the stockers are THAT much of a restriction. I think that at his (or your) level, cheaper headers is the last thing he'd want to put on his car.....

I do think Samballs has an agenda, though (insert spooky conspiracy theory music here......:eek: ) Sam, if you're eventually going to start selling them (you seem to be such a fan, so it's a logical conclusion) the you'd better gear up for the customer service issues of fit, finish, leaks, warped flanges, etc. No bueno there.......

the method to my madness!!!!

Turn up the boost, add timing, lower your 60 foot...you know, the normal stuff:cool:

Louie's knocking on the 9s- I don't the stockers are THAT much of a restriction. I think that at his (or your) level, cheaper headers is the last thing he'd want to put on his car.....

I do think Samballs has an agenda, though (insert spooky conspiracy theory music here......:eek: ) Sam, if you're eventually going to start selling them (you seem to be such a fan, so it's a logical conclusion) the you'd better gear up for the customer service issues of fit, finish, leaks, warped flanges, etc. No bueno there.......

You are correct. I do have an agenda, to try and save people as much money as I can! Someone produces a good product and then stand behind his product and most of the guys still dog him! That's not cool.... Like I said, HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU THINK HE'S MAKING AT $250!!!!!!" I just believe that for the money, the customer service, and maybe machinging corrections " Warped flange" It's a great deal!

I hope you don't think that we in the US don't ever produce a item that isn't a 100% perfect. I know of people who have boughten "Made in America" products and they too take shortcuts, and have warped flanges, and fitment issues and leaks.

A little background on me, I've always paid top dollar for the products I've gotten. I spared no expense. I'm just glad at least someone is trying to make a product affordable for us! So yes... I'm going to be supportive of someone who does that!

Some - NOT ALL think the Grand National is GOD's gift to automobiles. And though it is an awesome car! (Atleast I think so.... I own 3:biggrin: :eek: ) Doesn't mean we have to pay a premium for the parts now that we pay a premium for the Car!

It's great to know I can save some money on parts when I'm paying top dollar just to own one! So I guess to some it's cool that if the price of a Grand National goes up because of demand . . . . . . then so should the parts!) I don't think so! I'm glad that with about 3k you can make this a rocket ship... in compared to LS1's and mustangs... You can go a lot faster with 3K on a GN than on a Rustang or Camaro.... Let's try and keep that philosophy!

Thanks, Sam

Don't know how much he's making at $250 a unit- but, know the costs of stainless, there has to be shortcuts taken somewhere to justify the price point. Keeping costs and prices down is pretty elemental- it boils down to basic tenents: supply, demand, and manufacturing.

Assuming a quality product:
Supply hi- demand low= lower $$
Supply low- demand low= lower $$
Supply low- demand hi= higher $$
supply hi- demand hi= higher $$

Most guys who hobby in motorsports understand that it's not exactly the cheapest pasttime to get into; they are also some of the more demanding and anal customers you'll run into. They expect- heck, they demand a product to work as advertised the first time, in all aspects- fit, finish, quality, and performance.The vendors that support our Buick disease aren't giving away their products because they take the time to develop them to work- and they're not working on huge margins, either.

These same vendors also aren't waiting to be beat up on a product from a tightwad that wants everythign for nothing (same tightwad is always the loudest to bitch, whine, and complain about how badly they were treated after they tried to rape the vendor on price).....

I can do basic welding and fabricating- for most, that's not an option, and when they buy a part, the last thing they want to do it to take "X" number of hours to get said cheap part to fit. After unbolting and reinstalling a part for the nth time because of fitment issues, you begin to wonder if you really saved all that much....

I'll agree, there are junk US made products, as there are quality China made products.

You say,
"I've always paid top dollar for the products I've gotten. I spared no expense."
- yet, you want to cheap out on parts (headers) that aren't really a huge benefit to performance, AND take work on your part to fix. I'm a bit confused.....

Next, you say,
"Doesn't mean we have to pay a premium for the parts now that we pay a premium for the Car!

It's great to know I can save some money on parts when I'm paying top dollar just to own one! So I guess to some it's cool that if the price of a Grand National goes up because of demand . . . . . . then so should the parts"

Here's the thing- this market is SMALL! Prices are what they are because of supply vs demand! We are playing with cars that, in a short time, will be the equivalent of the 1969 Z-28 Camaro, the SD-455 Trams-AM, the 1970 R/T Challengers, etc. As in these cars, the parts market will continue to tighten, and parts from reputable vendors will get the lion's share of the market. "Reputable" does not mean that a part needs 10 hours of rabrication/modification for it to work.

Perhaps you're not ready to accept these facts...have fun with your headers!

You are correct. I do have an agenda, to try and save people as much money as I can! ................It's great to know I can save some money on parts when I'm paying top dollar just to own one! So I guess to some it's cool that if the price of a Grand National goes up because of demand . . . . . . then so should the parts

Thanks, Sam

Sam, or whoever you are, you may think you are a cool guy, but myself, and others, see you as a crook. You stole a design and are motivated by making a profit.:mad:

All your BS about your agenda to help others save money is your smoke screen. You did it because of greed - pure and simple.:mad:

Sure I am pissed because of this, but the Buick community should be even more pissed. Why? Because vendors like me will not spend our time, money and resources to develop products so a rip-off artist can copy and sell for much less, both price and quality.

Sure, I use China parts because they were developed by vendors out of need, and not a copied design. Even some China stuff is such poor quality, I prefer to pay the extra in many cases to avoid any problems, and have a known reliable product.

So go pedal your headers, but don't come here and give us your "rightious" BS about helping the community.

Don't know how much he's making at $250 a unit- but, know the costs of stainless, there has to be shortcuts taken somewhere to justify the price point. Keeping costs and prices down is pretty elemental- it boils down to basic tenents: supply, demand, and manufacturing.

Assuming a quality product:
Supply hi- demand low= lower $$
Supply low- demand low= lower $$
Supply low- demand hi= higher $$
supply hi- demand hi= higher $$

Most guys who hobby in motorsports understand that it's not exactly the cheapest pasttime to get into; they are also some of the more demanding and anal customers you'll run into. They expect- heck, they demand a product to work as advertised the first time, in all aspects- fit, finish, quality, and performance.The vendors that support our Buick disease aren't giving away their products because they take the time to develop them to work- and they're not working on huge margins, either.

These same vendors also aren't waiting to be beat up on a product from a tightwad that wants everythign for nothing (same tightwad is always the loudest to bitch, whine, and complain about how badly they were treated after they tried to rape the vendor on price).....

I can do basic welding and fabricating- for most, that's not an option, and when they buy a part, the last thing they want to do it to take "X" number of hours to get said cheap part to fit. After unbolting and reinstalling a part for the nth time because of fitment issues, you begin to wonder if you really saved all that much....

I'll agree, there are junk US made products, as there are quality China made products.

You say, - yet, you want to cheap out on parts (headers) that aren't really a huge benefit to performance, AND take work on your part to fix. I'm a bit confused.....

Next, you say,

Here's the thing- this market is SMALL! Prices are what they are because of supply vs demand! We are playing with cars that, in a short time, will be the equivalent of the 1969 Z-28 Camaro, the SD-455 Trams-AM, the 1970 R/T Challengers, etc. As in these cars, the parts market will continue to tighten, and parts from reputable vendors will get the lion's share of the market. "Reputable" does not mean that a part needs 10 hours of rabrication/modification for it to work.

Perhaps you're not ready to accept these facts...have fun with your headers!

Actually I'm ready I accept the facts quite well..... i am just amazed in the there is a $798 let me say it again in writing SEVEN HUNDRED NINTY EIGHT DOLLAR difference! We are not talking about 20, 30, or even a $100 dollars..... in price! That a huge difference and I'd rather save that money on something else like A NEW TURBO! rather than a set of HEADERS!

Let me ask you a personal question! What could you do if you had an extra $798 dollars in your pocket to buy something for you GN?
Think about it and then give me a response..... We know it's a good product, looks nice, good fit, good customer service, low price, and it's decent stainless steel! Look at the poston replacement header they don't last more than about a year and they cost more! If these last 1 year 1 month your still ahead and you've got both driver and passenger side!

oh... and in regards to law of supply and demand.... That's not always the case.... look at computer parts.... Everybody needs them and they are not so expensive that we can't afford them... So.. I don't agree with you... I can say there are a lot of greedy vendors on the board and they want to get rich of the products they sell!!!!

Thanks,

Samballs1

Sam, or whoever you are, you may think you are a cool guy, but myself, and others, see you as a crook. You stole a design and are motivated by making a profit.:mad:

All your BS about your agenda to help others save money is your smoke screen. You did it because of greed - pure and simple.:mad:

Sure I am pissed because of this, but the Buick community should be even more pissed. Why? Because vendors like me will not spend our time, money and resources to develop products so a rip-off artist can copy and sell for much less, both price and quality.

Sure, I use China parts because they were developed by vendors out of need, and not a copied design. Even some China stuff is such poor quality, I prefer to pay the extra in many cases to avoid any problems, and have a known reliable product.

So go pedal your headers, but don't come here and give us your "rightious" BS about helping the community.

Okay Nick, I'm gonna have to take the gloves off!

So you have the odacity to tell me you Designed the header from scratch and you are the only person who has ever thought of this design and your GODs gift to the designer. I don't think so! You add a bend on a header and its your perfect Design... I don't definately don't think so! If you would have played your cards smart.... Which I assume you didn't because your stuff is Expensive! You should have made a good quality prototype and had China make your product and then you could have a good quality item at an affordable price..... But no... you guys want it to be made in America..... There are a lot of products made overseas and they far exceed quality standards.... The standards are are set by the company and the maker of the products... You set quality control standards... if you don't care you get a crappy product! Don't be upset at me becuase you kick your self in the butt every night cause you didn't think of doing this first!

Oh... and in regards to spending lots of money on R&D. I agree with you spend time and make sure it works right.... But also have good business sense to make it affordable! How many headers have you sold!!! and how many do you think you haven't sold just because of price - becuase people can't afford them!

Oh...and just so you know.... I am not the one who stole your design, I did not make the product, nor do I sell It.... I'm just trying to prove a point! So i'm not the crook!

Also . . . if you have anything you might want to say to me, feel free to call me any time! my number is 956-341-6360 I'll repeat it for you 956-341-6360.
I won't hide behind a post!!!!!!!
Thanks,

I dont know any of the sellers of the products mentioned in this thread as I never dealt with them. I do know I have seen some pretty bad pics of Poston headers right out of the box on this board. I also know that All Headers will crack eventually. I also know that $800 will play into the equation of what I purchase. I also know I have many items in my home (eletronic mostly) that I purchased because of quality, price & customer service. No matter WHO made them. I guess its personal choice & budget that dictate a lot of what we buy. I do wonder why there is an $800 difference in price??

Actually I'm ready I accept the facts quite well..... i am just amazed in the there is a $798 let me say it again in writing SEVEN HUNDRED NINTY EIGHT DOLLAR difference! We are not talking about 20, 30, or even a $100 dollars..... in price! That a huge difference and I'd rather save that money on something else like A NEW TURBO! rather than a set of HEADERS!

Let me ask you a personal question! What could you do if you had an extra $798 dollars in your pocket to buy something for you GN?
Think about it and then give me a response..... We know it's a good product, looks nice, good fit, good customer service, low price, and it's decent stainless steel! Look at the poston replacement header they don't last more than about a year and they cost more! If these last 1 year 1 month your still ahead and you've got both driver and passenger side!

oh... and in regards to law of supply and demand.... That's not always the case.... look at computer parts.... Everybody needs them and they are not so expensive that we can't afford them... So.. I don't agree with you... I can say there are a lot of greedy vendors on the board and they want to get rich of the products they sell!!!!

Thanks,

Samballs1

A turd is still a turd, no matter how you dress it up.

The stock headers are proven to work quite well into the 10s- why change them? Their weaknesses are well known, and it's an easy fix. Your offering/supporting a substandard product only bodes ill for you....

The true measure of whether is product is good or not does not come from you (obviously the manufacturer/rep)- the true measure comes from your customer feedback, as customer service really begins AFTER the sale is complete. The vendors that I purchase from provide a quality product, and back it up. Whether a vendor is making bank or not on the parts he sells is moot- it's business, pure and simple.

The only person you're trying to help is yourself, and your bottom line.

As far as your personal question....sounds like you're trying to sell me on Amway- same BS logic.

Again, a turd is still a turd, no matter how dressed up it is.