China Headers

This thread makes me want to go lay on my hammock. Yes most buick parts are overpriced because of supply and demand. Period. I am pretty sure you can make a 600 dollar header just as good quality as those other guys while using good material. But yes, in the Buick community there is lots of price gouging. Anyone that doesn't see it is blind.

You guys really have no clue.

Shane and I have been working on a new header design for 18 months and I can assure you it isnt cheap. One offs are very expensive and even looking at production runs of 50 sets, our COST was over $1400 a set.

Granted we could outsource the design to China but youre sort of screwed there. You send your $3000.00 prototypes over there, they make you a test set, send them back and if it looks and fits okay, you put for the full run. If what you get back isnt as nice as the test set, youre hosed.

NOT TO MENTION that they will not gaurentee you exclusivity of YOUR OWN DESIGN but for 6 months then they will sell them to anyone.

It seems like YOU really don't know!!!!! Yes they do guarantee you exclusivity and you can get them not to sell.... just depends which company you use!!!!

Oh... and 18 months... .after 18mos. . . . they better be GOD's gifts to headers.... and technically there not out yet right?????? So why all the complaining..... When you build the perfect header than you prove will give us a beneficial gain of X amount and Guarantee it works then you can Charge X amount of dollars..... So far I really don't see any baseline runs on a car and then the products added and some dyno sheets to back it up...

other than this letter on the ArizonaGN website... that's all we have
and and you can't determine wether it was the headers or the cam...

and I quote: Index
""Just wanted to say thank you for the Check for winning TSM with your headers. I changed the cam ( from a Comp 206 roller to a Comp 218 roller) and removed a set of Poston headers to install yours. Between the two changes the car picked up .66 and 10 mph!!! The car ran a best of 10.03 with a best mph of 135.55. (1.50 60' I'm working on that) It has a 67GTQ turbo and Champion Iron Heads.( and cold A/C). Here is a picture of the car, you can see your crossover pipe under it. See you at Indy...

Thanks Again Don Palumbo"""

A couple of the dumbest people I have ever read anything from on the internet. Get a clue a come back later. If you can't afford to play with the big boys go home!

If I am so dumb like you claim.... why don't you back up your claim, and shut me up by proving me other wise! I haven't seen anybody do that yet... Everybody just talks trash....

Thanks,,

Sam

:confused: :confused: :confused:
5 grand a year- really big numbers, eh?

There's so much more going on behind the scenes to bring a product to market than most realize.......and it's not cheap to do it right. Yet, everyone wants it for free.....

And I was out for six of it!! was 21 when I got in it. Paid for all my parts out of my own pocket, not with DADDY's wallet, and it took my hard earned sweat and dedication and love of the car to do it..(all in parts).. and that doesn't include the 11 GN's i've owned and 2 TTA's and what i paid for them!

Thanks for playing...

Sam

It seems like YOU really don't know!!!!! Yes they do guarantee you exclusivity and you can get them not to sell.... just depends which company you use!!!!

Oh... and 18 months... .after 18mos. . . . they better be GOD's gifts to headers.... and technically there not out yet right?????? So why all the complaining..... When you build the perfect header than you prove will give us a beneficial gain of X amount and Guarantee it works then you can Charge X amount of dollars..... So far I really don't see any baseline runs on a car and then the products added and some dyno sheets to back it up...

Our headers are actually geared towards faster cars. At 10.9, you wont need a set so you dont have anything to worry about.

Counterfiters

CHINA: They are one of the largest Counterfiters(in alot of cases not even a good copy but a poor Fake) in the world from pirated DVD's to Rolex watches they copy just about evrything. They use lead in the paint they use ,they've traced the cat and dog chow that was killing American pets back to them. They don't care what they send us Americans. Look at the crap that's sent over here. We can blame alot of large American Companies , like the giant WalMart that put alot of smaller "made in America" companies example(Curtis Mathis TV's)out of business, how could they compete with slash the price WalMart having their brand name "Made in China" giant screen TV's. The bottom line in China and why Walmart and others can sell stuff so cheap is Quantity over Quality. Now if the headers were made in Japan you might have a Quality product as they have Higher industrial standards then the Chinese . The Chinese have even lower standards Especially if it's coming to American consumers.......Wouldn't doubt if all the little toys McDonald's put's in the Happy Meals that are made in China are all painted with lead based paint.

Our headers are actually geared towards faster cars. At 10.9, you wont need a set so you dont have anything to worry about.

Not very smart to post that!!!! Let me elighten you on why you shouldn't post that!!.... I guess 90% of all our member go that fast right?. How many members do we have that run faster than 10.90 and does that mean that anybody that not as fast shouldn't buy your headers because its a waste of their money right????
So basically you've kicked yourself in the but cause nobody gonna buy them if they are not atleast 10.90 or faster!!!

I can tell as a manfacturer you don't have any Selling skills.... Go back to what you know and let professional do that for you!!!!

Thanks,

Sam

You guys really have no clue.

Shane and I have been working on a new header design for 18 months and I can assure you it isnt cheap. One offs are very expensive and even looking at production runs of 50 sets, our COST was over $1400 a set.

Granted we could outsource the design to China but youre sort of screwed there. You send your $3000.00 prototypes over there, they make you a test set, send them back and if it looks and fits okay, you put for the full run. If what you get back isnt as nice as the test set, youre hosed.

NOT TO MENTION that they will not gaurentee you exclusivity of YOUR OWN DESIGN but for 6 months then they will sell them to anyone.

No clue?

Youre gonna use them on your own car so its worth whatever youre willing to pay.Selling them is just an afterthought.

I know how much headers cost to make.Esp a nice set with quality materials.

Not very smart to post that!!!! Let me elighten you on why you shouldn't post that!!.... I guess 90% of all our member go that fast right?. How many members do we have that run faster than 10.90 and does that mean that anybody that not as fast shouldn't buy your headers because its a waste of their money right????
So basically you've kicked yourself in the but cause nobody gonna buy them if they are not atleast 10.90 or faster!!!

I can tell as a manfacturer you don't have any Selling skills.... Go back to what you know and let professional do that for you!!!!

Thanks,

Sam

Basically what Im saying is the truth. Why would I want to sell headers to someone that they arent going to work for them? I wouldnt sell you a set nor would I sell anyone else slower than 10.20s or so a set. Our headers are geared and will be marketed towards faster cars. There are no headers out there now specifically designed for that crowd and there are enough fast cars out there now to support a small production run of a "go fast" header.

So because Im honest and wouldnt sell headers to someone who they wouldnt benefit, I guess youre right, I dont know how to sell. Im sure your chinese friends will knock them off and sell them to everybody whether theyre running 14.00s or whatever and not think twice about it.

No clue?

Youre gonna use them on your own car so its worth whatever youre willing to pay.Selling them is just an afterthought.

I know how much headers cost to make.Esp a nice set with quality materials.

Well, maybe you should find me a reasonable header production facility in the US, since you know how much they cost to make because everyone Ive talked to wants $1200+ per set for lots of 50.

Maybe there's a "Headers R Us" company out there I havent tried yet.

Youre looking at about $400-$600 in parts MAX.And thats how much any average Joe could get em for.

Learn to TIG and buy all your materials from Burhead and id bet you could make em for no more than $750 per set,NOT BUYING IN BULKhours of your time@$50 per hour.I dont think itd take near that long to make but thats just me.

If you were to section them,they could be made considerably cheaper.

I do know a guy who could construct them cheaper than most.Hes got a ton of experience building turbo systems and is the only person to build a turbo kit for the LS1 F body that doesnt require cutting or running anything under the rad support.I know hes got over 200 hours into designing his headers and he doesnt even own a LS1.Just a talented fabricator.

Were in AL which is the cheapest place to build stuff.PM me if you want more info.Also,if you need the bends in mild steel,contact Kirk Racing.He did some for my friend at about $15 per tube.Thats $15x8,plus $40x2 for the collector,and $50x2 for the flanges.Thats mild steel,non mass production.....

Youre looking at about $400-$600 in parts MAX.And thats how much any average Joe could get em for.

Learn to TIG and buy all your materials from Burhead and id bet you could make em for no more than $750 per set,NOT BUYING IN BULKhours of your time@$50 per hour.I dont think itd take near that long to make but thats just me.

If you were to section them,they could be made considerably cheaper.

I do know a guy who could construct them cheaper than most.Hes got a ton of experience building turbo systems and is the only person to build a turbo kit for the LS1 F body that doesnt require cutting or running anything under the rad support.I know hes got over 200 hours into designing his headers and he doesnt even own a LS1.Just a talented fabricator.

Were in AL which is the cheapest place to build stuff.PM me if you want more info.Also,if you need the bends in mild steel,contact Kirk Racing.He did some for my friend at about $15 per tube.Thats $15x8,plus $40x2 for the collector,and $50x2 for the flanges.Thats mild steel,non mass production.....

THANKS AGAIN,

SAM

Basically what Im saying is the truth. Why would I want to sell headers to someone that they arent going to work for them? I wouldnt sell you a set nor would I sell anyone else slower than 10.20s or so a set. Our headers are geared and will be marketed towards faster cars. There are no headers out there now specifically designed for that crowd and there are enough fast cars out there now to support a small production run of a "go fast" header.

So because Im honest and wouldnt sell headers to someone who they wouldnt benefit, I guess youre right, I dont know how to sell. Im sure your chinese friends will knock them off and sell them to everybody whether theyre running 14.00s or whatever and not think twice about it.

I guess you guys might be experts in the header world.... So hypothetically speaking if I went 10.50's it would hurt my setup.... Then I definately need to stay away from your product should I ever go that fast!!!

So what your telling me is that If I'm going 10.90 but I might have the capacity to go 10.00 you wouldn't sell them to me!

I don't understand.... if your making headers that are for people that are 10.20 or faster that why do you even care..... cater to your own market since this isn't suppost to affect your so evolutionary headers that are to that particular market that go 10.20 or faster! I don't understand you guy!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

WHY DO YOU CARE????????? Cause most of the stuff you feed is BS or it's taking from your possible CHECK BOOK?????? Somebody gonna hurt your wallet sinse you won't be able to monopolize on this product and make 4,5, 0r SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS IN PROFIT ON YOUR HEADERS.!!!! Once again you can slaughter the sheep once or sheer it a thousand times!

Thanks,

Sam

Hes right Jay.

Why not just admit that for $250,theyre a good deal even if they require modding?90% of hot rod parts arent bolt on.

From the pics posted,the SPX7 headers seem to be better than most of em.

I guess you guys might be experts in the header world.... So hypothetically speaking if I went 10.50's it would hurt my setup.... Then I definately need to stay away from your product should I ever go that fast!!!

So what your telling me is that If I'm going 10.90 but I might have the capacity to go 10.00 you wouldn't sell them to me!

I don't understand.... if your making headers that are for people that are 10.20 or faster that why do you even care..... cater to your own market since this isn't suppost to affect your so evolutionary headers that are to that particular market that go 10.20 or faster! I don't understand you guy!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

WHY DO YOU CARE????????? Cause most of the stuff you feed is BS or it's taking from your possible CHECK BOOK?????? Somebody gonna hurt your wallet sinse you won't be able to monopolize on this product!!!!

Thanks,

Sam

You know, Sam,

I think you've done 1 thing for sure with this (and the other) thread- you've showed your potential customers how little you know about your intended market, and furthermore, you've probably destroyed your potential customer base. Your smartass, childish arguments and outright attacks further solidfy your standing IMO as a buffoon.

Perhaps you should realize that word of mouth is the strongest advocate you have in the TR world, and you continue to put your foot in your mouth....

Ask anyone whos bought Poston headers,fiberglass hoods and trunks,Translators +'s,billet mains,girdle,roller rockers,700r4 filter upgrades,alky kits,etc,etc,etc.They aint bolt on;)

Its a relatively small production run part made by a few people,not mass produced parts made for GM where they have 1 person whos job is quality control.

You know, Sam,

I think you've done 1 thing for sure with this (and the other) thread- you've showed your potential customers how little you know about your intended market, and furthermore, you've probably destroyed your potential customer base. Your smartass, childish arguments and outright attacks further solidfy your standing IMO as a buffoon.

Perhaps you should realize that word of mouth is the strongest advocate you have in the TR world, and you continue to put your foot in your mouth....

Why is it that you have so much hate towards anyone that trys to show some sort of interest!
I haven't seen you try to substantiate anything you say except be negative, call people names and talk trash!!!! You make your self look like the and I quote "Buffoon"
I haven't said a single derrogatory remark about anyones product!!!
And if I am supporting such a bad product, why do I get so many PM for people asking for the retailers contact info... Goes to show how you really know about your market that you've been in for soooooo very long.... You need to get out and visit other boards... so you can really see the interest in these headers!!!!!

I can't say much about you but you are very un-informed!

Thanks,
Sam

Why is it that you have so much hate towards anyone that trys to show some sort of interest!
I haven't seen you try to substantiate anything you say except be negative, call people names and talk trash!!!! You make your self look like the and I quote "Buffoon"
I haven't said a single derrogatory remark about anyones product!!!
And if I am supporting such a bad product, why do I get so many PM for people asking for the retailers contact info... Goes to show how you really know about your market that you've been in for soooooo very long.... You need to get out and visit other boards... so you can really see the interest in these headers!!!!!

I can't say much about you but you are very un-informed!

Thanks,
Sam

Hate? No. I simply call a spade a spade. I've played with Chinese headers (given to me) and I found them to be substandard to the stockers. Flanges were bad, inconsistent pipe diameters, cheezy welds....I could see these flaws, and I'm just a backyard fabricator!

I don't need to substantiate anything, as I'm not trying to sell anything (unlike you). I'm a fan of the stock headers, as they're a proven item. I'm not the one advocating for these headers, you are, so the burden of proof about the claims you have made rests on you. You attack the vendors as being money grubbing, and ripping the Buick community- I say it's business, and you shouldn't justify your headers as being the new next best thing by bashig other products- shows your utter lack of understanding about marketing. Last thin you should be worried about is a vendor's profit margin, as it's none of your business.

Yup, been around for a while and I've seen 'neat' stuff come and go. What stands the test of time is quality, and the headers you support just don't have it. You may have the world PMing you for the contact info, but you still represent an inferior product.