Chips for the Sy/Ty's???

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Is there anyone making a decent chip for either 009's or Siemens 55's?? I know there are some out there for the MSD-50's, but I'm not interested in those injectors. And high 10,11, or 12 second trucks shouldn't have to spend $2,500 on DFI or FAST.

TIA,

K.

Some guys will do customs chips reletively cheap, but keep in mind you'll have to mod the ecu to run low imp. injectors.

check with Nolan at www.canadiansyty.com he really knows these trucks and is really helpful!

BigAl...

Originally posted by Syclone Dude
Some guys will do customs chips reletively cheap, but keep in mind you'll have to mod the ecu to run low imp. injectors.

check with Nolan at www.canadiansyty.com he really knows these trucks and is really helpful!

BigAl...

Yeah, as far as the ecm drivers that's not a problem. Been there, done that with the TR's.

We have a Sy with fully-ported, 2.05/intake valve Vortech heads, Limit Te45a Q-trim, XP+ double-pumper, 4-bolt mains, Eagle rods, etc. I'd like to tune it in with the ecm, we just haven't found anyone to do the chips yet.

K.

Maybe not the anwer your looking for but WWW.Tunercat.com, and Xtronics have some parts that you can put together and do on the fly tuning with the 749. For the full setup it's be like $400 but beats $2,000 for an aftermarket ecm.

its my understanding that 009's absolutely BLOW in SyTys. Nearly impossible to tune Ive heard from a number of people.

I am in no way a "tuner" myself, but Ive done more than my fair share of research.

Just figured I would share....

009's work just fine in syty's. You just have to tune for them.

I ran them in mine the first year with the new motor. Nolan has been running them in Barbs ty for a few years now with great results.

Just like anything else the more you put in the more you get out.

Tony

Originally posted by Tony sy2356
009's work just fine in syty's. You just have to tune for them.

I ran them in mine the first year with the new motor. Nolan has been running them in Barbs ty for a few years now with great results.

Just like anything else the more you put in the more you get out.

Tony
ok fair enough.....

thats why I dont do 90% of the **** on syty.net anyway :p

I don't know why they wouldn't work in a Sy/Ty?? I use them often in some mild applications (stock heads/cam) with the TR's, and run easy mid-low 11's @ 117+ mph.

The particular truck mentioned above will be running either Siemens 55's or 72's. But I like the 009's for the more mild, bolt-on only applications.

K.

I have never tuned 55's or 72's so can not say how they will work.

I have done quite a bit with the dephi 75's and run the 84's in my truck.

With the 84's drivabiltiy is great my wife drives the truck and says its better than hers:rolleyes: Guess I should get busy and drop the built motor into hers with the 75's.

Nolan