Chrome up pipe with 1/8th NPT tap

Perhaps your not understanding, I have no intentions to race this car, I don't care how fast it is, I'm not tuning for methanol and adding timing, I'm using it as purely a knock suppressant with a smaller nozzle.

If you don't care how fast it is, leave it bone stock. It will last longer that way. Why spend $400-$500 on a part and get very little out of it?

Good luck getting rid of the knock at 5 PSI with the alky as well. You better figure it out quick, because the help from the boards now that you bashed one of the best vendors will be very, very low.

Jason

And where exactly in the huge with lots of open space TTA engine bay are you going to mount this 1 gallon tank? And the pump looks to be the same style as Julio's without the internal upgrades.

Guess AEM has a backyard shop too.

Your probably right it would just be easier to get a Turbo Tweak chip thats just set for 93 and not even worry about running the methanol. It's not worth the $400 or so for power that I'm not really going to use.

Nowhere in this thread did I ask for help or advice on how to use a water injection kit. I've been using them for 6+ years on multiple cars, I don't need to be told how to do something I'm already well versed in works. Theres more than just one kit that can be made to work with these cars, this engine isn't any different than any other. If thats vendor bashing because I don't agree well then I'm guilty as charged.

For such a knowledgeable person on the subject...why did you come on here clueless on the install asking for pipes with welded on nozzles and claiming you couldn't do it yourself ? We tend to try and help out our brothers on these boards. You show up with no post count, make a post about who makes a chrome up-pipe with a the nozzle installed. We come back with nobody and offer options for up-pipes from various vendors and install your own it is very simple. Your reply is "those pipe are no better then stock just polished, I can't weld". We then make suggestions on a different option that is known to work VERY well and has for years and what do you do...you proceed to bash the design and the vendor stating that you know better. Funny how these guys have been using this system on their daily drivers and race cars for years without any problem. Reliably running 10's and in some cases better on street driven cars, 9's and better on race cars...but nope they don't know what they are talking about or doing. Good luck with your car and getting help from the Turbo Buick community in the future with that kind of attitude. You will find out real soon that pretty much everyone that has any knowledge or to do with TTA's and GN's are not just on this board but basically on all of them.

We are impressed with your 320 whp super charged car...you may not want to mess with any "STOCK" GN's or TTA's with mild tunning and a 93 Turbo Tweak chip. Most modded GN's and TTA's are making between 400 and 600 whp and still driven on the street on 93 pump gas only spraying meth progressively when it is needed and in some cases still getting 23 or more mpg on the road...with AC.

Good luck...be sure to let us know how it goes but I doubt anyone will care now :rolleyes:

I personally cannot weld, I have access to people that can however it would just be much easier if possible to just get a pipe thats ready to go out of the box, saves me a few days in waiting for my dad to get it finished. If thats not a possibility its not a huge deal, obviously theres ways around it.

I'm not clueless on the install, I've done several systems of this nature from several different vendors. I may have a low post count here but I am not new to boost, cars, water injection, pcm tuning, etc. I am new to turbo Buicks. They still follow the same rules as any other engine for the most part. So do not assume that I don't know anything. Sometimes very good ideas for a particular platform (especially one thats been dead for a long time) come from people with different backgrounds and experience.

I personally cannot weld, I have access to people that can however it would just be much easier if possible to just get a pipe thats ready to go out of the box, saves me a few days in waiting for my dad to get it finished. If thats not a possibility its not a huge deal, obviously theres ways around it.

Oh ok so Daddy does all your work...all makes sence now :rolleyes:

I'm not clueless on the install, I've done several systems of this nature from several different vendors. I may have a low post count here but I am not new to boost, cars, water injection, pcm tuning, etc. I am new to turbo Buicks. They still follow the same rules as any other engine for the most part. So do not assume that I don't know anything. Sometimes very good ideas for a particular platform (especially one thats been dead for a long time) come from people with different backgrounds and experience.

Sounds like you have done and know it all too...you should be designing your own systems and making the big $$$ by now with all that experience...kind of like this post you made when a guy asked about a replacement pump for his Alky system and you recomended a Snow Water Injection pump...we don't inject water here...pretty much for the most part 100% Methanol. So we need parts that are designed to use pure alcohol...a water injection pump will fail in a very short time...but then again our systems are built at Home Depot what do we know :eek:

I have a Jay Carter Alky set up on my car.. and the pump isn't pumping..

Anyone one know where I can get a replacement?

thanks
j

What you should have done is come on the board and introduce yourself as a new owner to a TTA, give some stats/background on the car and yourself and you would have been welcomed with open arms. Then diplomatily ask questions and create an inteligent conversation on topics of interest...not come in like a know-it-all and put down the people and the products that keep these cars alive. Like I said before this is a very small communitly compared to todays cars and we all try and stick together by backing and helping one another out in any way we can.

Wise up or you will never fit in and that NICE TTA you have will suffer :cool:

The point is you don't have to weld to install the alky kit. Solder and a solder gun, a drill, a few wrenches, and a socket set. That's it.

Who installed your kit on your 4 banger?

Jason

My dad has never helped me with a single car project in his life beyond holding a flashlight a time or two or lending an extra hand to hold stuff in place. I work in retail 50+ hours a week, trying to run a business on the side is just not a possibility but the thought did cross my mind a few years ago before the market was so saturated with different companies making water/methanol injection kits now. Yes initially most pumps were not 100% methanol safe, most are now. The quality of the kits has gone up a ton, I wouldn't be able to match it.

I put on the one on my Cobalt SS last summer. Works great, on a supercharged car it serves even more purpose in injecting through the blower, really cools down the IATs and I'm able to run 8 more degrees of timing over stock. Turbo cars obviously as I'm learning are different and less water in the mix is needed.