CK Performance Billet Servo (Spacers)

wiseman

I am installing a Ck Performance Servo kit that comes with 2 spacers.....

1. How many spacers do people normally use with this servo kit, 1 or 2?

3. Is there a way to tell how many I need, besides what the instructions say, (they don't give any in depth info)?

Wiseman, I just went through this same exact issue. I was installing the CK servo in a stock CZ trans. First, I installed both washers that CK provides. My car would not shift out of first. I thought about it for a little and here is what I came up with.

CK leaves out the 3rd accum piston in the servo to bleed off pressure for for whatever reason. The thing is my pin is set to work with that 3rd piston in there. With the help of another member here, I basically added 2 additional washers to equal the thickness of my original (now removed) 3rd accumulator. Perhaps the pin length of a new CK built transmission is longer than that of a stock unit. Or, perhaps my band is just worn that much. Either way, take some measurements yourself and see what you come up with. I took .26 worth of spacer out when I removed the piece in this picture so I made my spacers equal that amount.
2013-03-20%252019.31.21.jpg

So my 3rd accum reads .26 but the included washers were .04 each for a total of .08 . I installed two additional washers and the stack measured .26. It worked like a champ. That servo, combined with the CK improvment kit, transformed my tired stock transmission and gives soft shifts when you want soft and firm when you want firm. Either way the shifts are quick. You will be happy.

One last thing. Chris made a great post a while back about the need to increase the spring pressure of the intermediate servo (inner) spring to realease the band after the shift. This is the small servo spring. He includes the spring with his shift improver kit and probably sells them seperate. If you don't have one, now would be the time to install it.

That's guys for the info. I purchased the ck master rebuild kit , and shift recalibratiin kit also. I did receive his new servo spring and I.have installed it. I have the servo I stalled and there is about .08 to .10in. Of travel when I push in on the servo with the retaining clip installed.
I have read 1 or 2 places that have said they have used extra washers in addition to the 2 proved in the kit. The instructions just say, "install 2 shim if there is too much travel" but don't give any details. (Not helpful)
My band is new and all my soft parts are new, so I was curious to find out what everyone else has done.
Johnt365, you said that your washers needed to total .26in and the each washer in the kit measured .04 and a total of 2 extra washers worked? . , right (brand total of 6 washers)? You said you added 2 more, but don't u mean 4 more? (2 previous washers) that equaled .08 + (4 additional washers @ .04 = .16in. So, .16 + .08 = .24.
So u used a total of 6 washers, right?

Sorry I wasnt clear. The two extra washers I added were thicker. They were about .08 each.

The question I would like to know the answer to is, What is the length of the servo pin that CK uses on his new transmissions VS a stock pin?

You are in a different situation since you have just rebuilt the transmission. I installed the servo on an old transmission in the car, pan on.

Where did u get those .08in. oversized washers from (in case I need some)? So , are the extra washers pushing the pin further away or further towards the band?

I have the trans. Removed from the car this present time. I would like to start installing the transmission tomorrow