You can type here any text you want

Classic B2B FAST IAC gain questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

What do the two IAC gain "P" and "D" parameters control?

I'm guessing they control the rate at which the IAC pintle moves. BS3 has IAC proportional gain and derivative gain. Are these the same?

What is the typical range for these two parameters?

The engine seems to be a little slow with IAC/idle speed corrections. I bumped up the throttle follower parameter and that helped.

I currently have the "P" at 33 and the "D" at 11

What do the two IAC gain "P" and "D" parameters control?

I'm guessing they control the rate at which the IAC pintle moves. BS3 has IAC proportional gain and derivative gain. Are these the same?

What is the typical range for these two parameters?

The engine seems to be a little slow with IAC/idle speed corrections. I bumped up the throttle follower parameter and that helped.

I currently have the "P" at 33 and the "D" at 11

The IAC "P" gain value can be set from 0 to 255. Raising this value will cause the IAC motor to open or close further in an attempt to correct the idle speed. The default value of 32 for the P gain is generally close to correct for most applications

The IAC "D" gain value can also be set from 0 to 255. Raising this value will cause the IAC motor to open or close faster in an attempt to correct the idle speed. The default value of 4 for the D gain is generally close to correct for most applications

That helps.......P=further and D=faster. If I have to go away from the typical settings, the IAC may be lazy or dirty?

Thanks Otto!

Dave

Quite possibly,I upgrade to the setup Dale Cherry sells.
It uses the newer LS1 style IAC that has a way faster
acting motor,plus give plenty of clearance with big inlet pipes also
New & Used Parts

i have mine set at 18-p 10-d

this is for a little cammed v-6 tho :)

Back