You can type here any text you want

classic FAST issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pdzz

fixing something
I really wish Cal or one of the FAST gurus would write a FAST for Dummies book! But, anyway, I got my new cam and head combo together, but I cannot connect. I'm getting a " com port failed " message. This is the first time I tried to connect this year, last time I used it, worked fine. Laptop issue? I tried different ports 1-2-3-4 no difference. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Phil:confused:

Are you using USB or Serial connection to the laptop. When I used a serial connection and booted up the laptop while car was running I burned up a connection in the F.A.S.T and had to send it back.

I'm using a serial port, but the laptop was already on and the car was running.

you needt o take the serial cable end apart and check for a broke wire.

use a DVOM to check and make sure the wire are not broke inside the unsulation as well

I'm going to take it to work and check it out. I made the mistake of leaving the cable hooked up to my laptop and my loving wife bundled it in tight loops and zip tied it for me! I'm thinking a boken wire also. Phil.

Back