Classic FAST takes long time to start

turbo J

Lighting the Hides when I can
I purchased a used Classic Fast system and have it all hooked up, but it takes about 30- 40 seconds of cranking before the fuel pump will kick in and the car to start. When I had my OEM computer didn't have the same issue. Hoping to get some info from you good folks.

Thanks,
Turbo J

Sounds like the FAST isn't triggering the fuel pump relay and the oil pressure switch is finally turning it on

Like Cal says, the fuel pump signal in the fast is dead. The other circuit that goes dead is the cooling fan. So watch for that. Both are pretty common.

It can be sent in and repaired.

it may be the fast or could be the jumper harness you're using doesnt support fuel prime
the pump signal can be checked at pin S3 on the fast connector , if that's good check after the fast adapter at pin A1 of the stock harness.. should show 12v during the prime for a few seconds after key on

Like Cal says, the fuel pump signal in the fast is dead. The other circuit that goes dead is the cooling fan. So watch for that. Both are pretty common.

It can be sent in and repaired.

Who repairs it? I think I may have the same issue but it prob takes 7-8 seconds.