You can type here any text you want

classic tube brake/fuel lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
Has anyone had issues with the pre bend stainless lines fron classic tube? Last winter I ordered every line on the car from them and When i had the body off the frame I installed most of the lines. They dident seem to fit very good to me (not for the money I spent anyhow). I live twenty min from there facility, So I contacted them about it and a guy stoped out just to see what I was talking about, and they rebent me one of the fuel lines. It fit better but I was not impressed. the brake lines in the rear were all just a tiny bit too long nothing a little bending and twisting by hand dident make fit, however they dont lay right as far as im concerned. Now I just dropped the motor in the car and started plumbing and the tranny lines fit like complete crap, The fuel lines that attach to the fuel rail i dont feel they fit good . Its just been a kinda fight with these lines and for the price i figured they would almost fall in. anyhow sorry for being long winded Im just curious on anyone elses feed back on it

I kind of thought the same thing when I bought mine. You need to look at it this way. 1. how long would it take for you to make ALL these lines, and 2. Would you do a better job? After I got a little tweaking done on some of the lines I was very pleased. They don't fit EXACTLY like the originals but it's better than worrying about a rusted line ready to blow or leak gas.

O I completely agree with you there they did a much better job than I would have. I am just disappointed for the money I spent. they look fantastic. I guess I just figured they would fit slighty better, its the tranny lines and the lines that are go to the fuel rail that really dont fit wortha damn

funny, those lines and the turbo feed line are the only ones I didn't order lol!

HA HA HA well not to worry those lines are pretty but I did nothing but fight and argue with them to get them to fit right hmmm that sounds familiar

Is this what i have to look forward to i have a box of SS lines from Classic? :eek: They do look purdy in the box though!!!

I installed there SS brake, transmission and fuel line in mine and had no problems with the fit nor leaks....

The thing about the SS lines is that they have better bends than the aluminized ones. this is something I didnt know when I ordered mine

Back