You can type here any text you want

Clevite P series bearings soon to be gone !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Word is that since Mahle aftermarket inc. has bought out Clevite they are discontinuing the popular P series bearings which is tri metal with an A series which is aluminum & my opinion junk. So If anyone has any plans on building an engine soon may be wise to stock up now.

Lou, I just saw that writeup they have on a link at Rockauto..
I snagged a set of stds, and .001's yesterday.
They are showing all the Clevite stuff as "clearance items"... Not much left.:(

I think Speed Pro make a tr metal bearing
Yep. The std mains are MS960P, .001 under is MS960P1
Got the .001 unders from Jegs, $39.95.. Summit says $77!
Got the std pieces at Rock Auto, for cheap.

Yep. The std mains are MS960P, .001 under is MS960P1
Got the .001 unders from Jegs, $39.95.. Summit says $77!
Got the std pieces at Rock Auto, for cheap.
Chuck
How did you look that up because when I can only find the alum bearings when I look them up by vehicle

Yes that's the ones . I am calling Clevite to check into this as soon as I get a chance.

Can't remember what sizes I need so I grabbed a few different sets lol rock auto. Numbers are depleting

I just got off the phone with Clevite customer service and the tech department. The CB-1228P and other P series bearings for our cars are NOT discontinued. They are not in the same quantity as a SBC but we know that. Both departments confirmed over 500 units in warehouses right now. There is no signs of being discontinued and I was asked to go on our forums and pass this on. The tech guy is well aware of our cars and we were on the phone for some time, the P series is also a favourite with the coating companies. Hope this helps

Kevin,

You are correct, but Mahle has discontinued the CB-1228p-1 bearing (.001). and the MS960p-1 sets. This makes it difficult to selective fit bearings to get the exact clearance needed. I stocked up on cb-1228p-1's and switched over to FM 107 mains. The FM mains can still be bought in std and .001" sets

Back