Cold Air Intakes

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
hey I was just wondering where are some sites I could find some intakes for an 86-87 GN

I heard that the big mouth one is very good but have no clue where it is

thanks guys

Carl

"Tin Man" cold air kit

A guy in my club (Michigan Buick Turbo Club) has been making cold air kits forever. He was one of the first from what everyone tells me.

Anyway, I run his and I love it!

You get a 3 to 4" rubber adapter to fit the stock MAF. Very thick so you can drill and mount your MAT sensor in it.

One slightly curved 4" piece to go from MAF to the radiator support behind the headlights.

One 90 degree 4" piece to go from the prior to straight down behind the headlights.

And of course a 4" opening K&N or better filter. I think he has gone to something else besides K&N but don't quote me.

I had the rubber adapter and K&N already from my own home brewed kit so I just bought the two metal sections and the rubber hose to connect them.

His kit is different from a most I have seen in that the ends of his metal ducts are flared/ribbed..in any event once clamped they DO NOT let go.

I love it.

I can get you his e-mail if you wish...

not worth the price IMO though...I made my own cold-air kit for a total of 30 cents...yes 30 CENTS excluding the filter...i just went to ace hardware and bought 3 feet of some plastic flexible dryer hose 4" and it works like a charm...