Collector car Insurance

27 gn

Has any other GNX owner found a collector car policy,show car status, limited use product that would apply to a GNX. Hagerty wants 1986 or older and all the other companies treat the GNX as a daily driver with no discounts for extremely low usage. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

check with "Rally"car ins co 800 801-1823

Rally Insurance Group Collector Auto Specialiasts
800 801-1823

I have
GN
GNX
WE4
T type all with them

GNX is NADA stated amount, WOW, value has gone up dramatically!!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Original MSRP: $29,290 Low Retail -Average Retail Value- High Retail
Base Price $42,200 $67,950 $91,750
Options

Factory Air Conditioning 10% 10% 10%
TOTAL PRICE $46,420 $74,745 $100,925

(*) Average retail price represents a clean vehicle in good condition with a Clean Title History

Hagerty will insure the GNX as an Exotic car, 75,000(agreed upon value) worth of coverage is 1,295.00 a year with limited use.

Try J.C. Taylor as well. They will insure X's, GN's, and T's for appropriate values thru '87.

Good luck,
Doug

Rally Insurance Group Collector Auto Specialiasts
800 801-1823

I have
GN
GNX
WE4
T type all with them

GNX is NADA stated amount, WOW, value has gone up dramatically!!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Original MSRP: $29,290 Low Retail -Average Retail Value- High Retail
Base Price $42,200 $67,950 $91,750
Options

Factory Air Conditioning 10% 10% 10%
TOTAL PRICE $46,420 $74,745 $100,925

(*) Average retail price represents a clean vehicle in good condition with a Clean Title History

I also use Rally insurance, but I have not upped my value in the past few years. I know for agreed value coverage they have to have a good indication of the market value.

Haggerty will insure pretty much anything under exotic, but there are use and garage limitations.

I have had all my cars I do not use as a DD insured with Haggerty for years, up and including my 1996 Mystic Cobra I sold last year. They save me thousands over the years versus traditional insurance.

Collector Car Insurance ?

Thank you everyone for the information, it provides a lot of new leads to check out. Thanks also to the website for the similar thread feature.

I tried Hagerty, Taylor, Amercan and about 3 others and we could not come to terms. I called MK and I had my GNX insured for an agreed value of $85,000. I insured all of my cars through them and saved a Lot Of money and got agreed values for what I think they are worth; Not some bull**** number they got from collector car price guide.
Ask for Tamra, You will be glad you did.

MK Insurance Agency Inc Auto Insurance Homeowners Business

Hagerty will insure the GNX as an Exotic car, 75,000(agreed upon value) worth of coverage is 1,295.00 a year with limited use.

wow, not a bad price, i just got a quote from them for my 87, g.n. valued at $15000 & they wanted $495/ year with my clean driving record :confused: limited use also

I got an agreed value of $85,0000 for under $1000 and was told that will go much lower when the car is 20 Years Old. Guess what... It just turned 20 his year so my rates will go down. I had to give them proof that the low mile GNX's were selling for $85,000 or more. That was not a problem :)

Wow!!

My 6T5 Hemi Belvedere, at full coverage, 7500 mi/yr, $100,000 agreed value is $496.00/yr.
American National, [ANPAC] writes all the ins for our street rods, hotrods, and even my new 07 truck.
Give them a call at: 1-800-333-2863

NOTE: Any agreed value over $30,000, [I think] has to have an appraisal, pics.

wow, not a bad price, i just got a quote from them for my 87, g.n. valued at $15000 & they wanted $495/ year with my clean driving record :confused: limited use also

I am sure it has something to do with many other factors, my GN was insured for $27K and my rate was $465 per year., but was half the rate of what regular insurance was at book value.

These policies are meant for occasional driving, not daily driving. 7,500 miles a year is well more than an occasional driver would most likely be driven, so I do not understand why the confusion as shown in your added smile.

My 6T5 Hemi Belvedere, at full coverage, 7500 mi/yr, $100,000 agreed value is $496.00/yr.
American National, [ANPAC] writes all the ins for our street rods, hotrods, and even my new 07 truck.
Give them a call at: 1-800-333-2863

NOTE: Any agreed value over $30,000, [I think] has to have an appraisal, pics.

If that is a Real Belvedere-I Factory Lightweight Car the $100,000 agreed value is being REAL conservative. A friend of mine brought one new and still races his to this day in SS/B….

I am sure it has something to do with many other factors, my GN was insured for $27K and my rate was $465 per year., but was half the rate of what regular insurance was at book value.

These policies are meant for occasional driving, not daily driving. 7,500 miles a year is well more than an occasional driver would most likely be driven, so I do not understand why the confusion as shown in your added smile.

well i can only put on 3,000 miles in a year with that quote

as of january 1st of 2007 state farm will insure 87 GN's as an antique car. (20 yrs old) you can drive it daily if u like, not limited to shows and stuff. they will go up to 15k for next to nothing (full coverage of course) over that it will have to be agreed upon value, but still very reasonable. (in my area anyway) midwest. my 2 cents