You can type here any text you want

Combo advise and suggestions (almost finished)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I am getting ready to put everything together now and I just wanted to list everything, and get opinions of the parts combo. Hoping for mid to low 11's without much work.

Here is the detailed list.

109 block .020" over
Probe pistons
Scat rods
RJC girddle
GN1 heads
GN1 intake
70mm TB
Comp 212/212 flat tappet
Scorpions RR
60's
Accufab reg
Cottons FMIC
Cottons 3" DP Tnetics RG45 gate
TA headers
6131DBB S cover .63 hot
PTC 10" NLU 2800 (or whatever dusty thought)
4" mega maf
TT chip
Gen 2 trans
Champ AC delete bracket (AC removed)
Built 200R4
All other supporting mods and basic suspension mods

Things I would like to change in the next year. (need more money LOL)

Fast XFI ( will have to talk to cal hartline about this)
Roller cam setup

Thanks in advance for the input.
Brandon!

for 11's I would skip the Fast XFI and just asking why such a small turbo?

Skip the intake too. A stock ported one is easier to use and will flow plenty of air

The Champion stock ported intake with the Precsion upper has run in the 8's already. That intake for a street car is too much for your application. Even on my new StageII setup Dan at DLS told me to run a stock ported Champion. You will see better gains with the stock intake over that one, especailly seeing that you are still running a small turbo and have a flat tappet cam which limits how much you can rev the motor.

I would consider a roller cam, Alky Control, so you don't spend the mortgage on race gas.

Chuck

Thanks Guys!

for 11's I would skip the Fast XFI and just asking why such a small turbo?

Well I don't really need to go any faster than this turbo should provide. Once you get into the mid to low 10's breaking things may become more of an issue.

The car is being built as a cruiser that I can take to shows and show it as a street car. Basically I am building it to look like it goes faster than it does but is still respectable performance wise. This is the reason for the champion intake. I love the look of it on the engine and I am willing to sacrifice alittle performance for the look of it.

Here is a picture of the car two years ago the last time it was on the road before I took it apart to get everything cleaned up and the way it should be.

2822026_57.jpg

I think I am leaning towards getting the roller cam before I assemble the rest of the engine.

Thanks Brandon!

I think I am leaning towards getting the roller cam before I assemble the rest of the engine.

Thanks Brandon!

Brandon,

I know with my roller cam, rockers the car likes to pull past 6000 rpm no problem, plus I read to many horror storys of $6k motors ruined by a cam going flat. Then all that stuff gets into everything including bearings.

Chuck

Back