You can type here any text you want

Cometic head gasket install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris McDade

Ok who installs them try?

Who installs them with copper spray?

Feed back please

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have copper sprayed in the past. I have never leaked coolant, just a slight oil seep, which doesnt bother me because there is always oil coming from somewhere. On the last one, i just did a very light coat of ultra grey around the oil drain. Dont know the outcome yet.

I used to use the copper spray. This last time I installed dry. No regrets.....

Ok, I'm thinking dry this go around. I had a small oil leak last time using copper spray.

Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Question: Do ya'll remove the rivets? I may be using Cometics on my LS build (alum heads and block). Don't want to make any unnecessary dents in the deck surfaces...

I have copper sprayed in the past. I have never leaked coolant, just a slight oil seep, which doesnt bother me because there is always oil coming from somewhere. On the last one, i just did a very light coat of ultra grey around the oil drain. Dont know the outcome yet.

X2. Dry here with a little RTV around the oil drain.

the worst thing you can do is separate the layers and spray them, cometic will tell you if you do that they will leak and not seal, Put them on dry, they have a thin rubber coating to prevent seepage between the layers. I have sprayed the outside with copper in the past but see no need. I would highly recommend a retorque after one good heat cycle.

Fresh Cometic .060 install here. Dry....torque....let sit overnight no heat cycle....needed a retorque. Ran many heat cycles and still tight. The last guy that did my cometics used copper spray and did not retorque overnight....blew the #1

Back