You can type here any text you want

Cometic head gasket question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOGTA1

Life is Sweet !!!
Just wanting to know what to use with Cometic head gaskets!!!
Copper spray ,or Hylomar. Thank's

Be sure to remove the brass rivets under the intake or they will pop off. And then you can spread the layers and coat between them. I tried a thin coat of hylomar, still seeped a little, but almost completely went away after a retorque. Might try 2 coats next time, or probably try copper.

And there will be a few that post that say that they won't seep oil between the layers. :rolleyes: But all the Chevy and Ford guys I've talked to have seen the same thing about oil between the layers.

disco stu said:
Be sure to remove the brass rivets under the intake or they will pop off. And then you can spread the layers and coat between them. I tried a thin coat of hylomar, still seeped a little, but almost completely went away after a retorque. Might try 2 coats next time, or probably try copper.

And there will be a few that post that say that they won't seep oil between the layers. :rolleyes: But all the Chevy and Ford guys I've talked to have seen the same thing about oil between the layers.
Thanks for the info, and by the way, that was an awsome 9.70 pass you made!!!!! :cool: Must of played it a dozen times.

I coated both sides of mine with copper coat in a bottle and no leaks. This time around I sprayed them with copper coat...time will tell.

What would make the rivets under the intake come loose? i have two coats of copper spray on two sets of mine.

Use spray copper on both sides.

add 2 GM seal tabs to the cooling system.

Run engine 15 minutes after warmed up. This has so far worked for me many times.

I spoke to the guy that bought my motor and it is running great! I coated both sides fairly thick with copper spray.

machinegun said:
Use spray copper on both sides.

add 2 GM seal tabs to the cooling system.

Run engine 15 minutes after warmed up. This has so far worked for me many times.
Just spray front and back side's of gasket!!!! Are you spraying in between each shim!!!!

Back