You can type here any text you want

Comp Cams 69-400-8 Roller question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

newtownhood

Car Audio and Electronics guy.
So when I started this build my goals were a "D.D" 400hp. I went with a 69-200-8 camshaft/#26915 springs, 3100 stall..now I'm looking for around 600hp "highboost" since I went fully built bottom end. I'm thinking I should go with the "400" cam now with the #26918 springs? How bad would my car run with all stock turbo,injectors,intercooler, etc. until the new engine is broken in? I planned to install all the race stuff after a few thousand easy miles. Has anyone else used the 400 cam, and can my stock ECU be tuned with bigger injectors, etc to work with this cam? Sorry, I'm a SBC guy, kinda new to the TB game. I'm keeping the 3.42 gears and 3100 stall since everything is new.

honestly id break in the motor with all the equipment that you'll be running the motor on in final form. that 206 cam that you have in right now can do 600 if properly motivated, you just cant rev super high on it

and for the ammount of money you sound like you have into the engine....an XFI or BS3 would be a much safer bet....not saying you cant pull that power out of a stock old ecm, i just wouldnt

I have a silly idea that I want to keep it a sleeper with all stock wiring, turbo under the shield/cover...even if it has to be "stretched" a bit..The VC spacers to get the harland sharps to fit are kind of a giveway though. Oh yeah, I'm running stock ratio HS roller rockers.

I broke my 4.1 in with the stock turbo. With my cam and heads, it was obvious the motor couldn't breathe. On a crazy hot and humid day, I still managed a high 12 at 105mph with 12psi of boost, and a bad 60ft. Almost impossible to launch under boost, tires would just fry.

I'm not planning on racing or even beating on the car for at least 3k miles, so I'm not worried how fast it is. I'm just wondering if it will run with this rowdy camshaft on the stock ecu,turbo,injectors? Has anyone used this cam before? How does it idle?

can you post the cam specs? A TT chip should be used even in a DD:)

Back