You can type here any text you want

Comp revolution roller cam question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I bought a new 206 flat tappet cam from comp around 2006 and three lobes were rounded under 1000 miles. Apparently they received bad batch of steel from china, so i was told, and that was determined the cause.

there are two other people that this same thing happened to that i know of.

After being contacted they never offered me a free replacement cam never mind the thousands of dollars in damage the cam created.

Unacceptable!

D

I call bullchit on bad steel. If there was you would see evidence of it somewhere. Like a hardness test or something with some legitimacy, not heresay.

I call bullchit on bad steel. If there was you would see evidence of it somewhere. Like a hardness test or something with some legitimacy, not heresay.

I understand but something isn't right when it happens with the say cams using different builders.

I also know that they could have all been bad builders.

What a grind!

D

You are correct. That is purely heresay and undeserved without proof. When angry, we tend to speak (type) before we think.

D

like someone else posted earlier "another sleepless nite". i thought all this (defective parts) stuff was behind me, ( now that my engine is in car and running awsome) but now i'm about ready to pull my intake to take a look, i guess i will miss BG for another year. or i could just drive the mustang down for the weekend. or tow my GN. :mad:

like someone else posted earlier "another sleepless nite". i thought all this (defective parts) stuff was behind me, ( now that my engine is in car and running awsome) but now i'm about ready to pull my intake to take a look, i guess i will miss BG for another year. or i could just drive the mustang down for the weekend. or tow my GN. :mad:

Just pull the oil filter and cut it open. If something is wrong you'll see it there.

now that my engine is in car and running awsome) but now i'm about ready to pull my intake to take a look, i guess i will miss BG for another year. or i could just drive the mustang down for the weekend. or tow my GN. :mad:

If it's running good and doesn't sound noisy when why in gods name would you take it apart??? Also why would pulling an intake keep you from coming to the Nats, it's not like they start tomorrow and even if they did it's not like it's a one day event??

when i check my oil (dipstick) it is clear (oil) on one side and black on the other side of dipstick. ?? been trying to figure this out, maybe it's minute metal? idk. engine only has about 300 miles on it. after all the horror stories i read in here every nite about faulty machineing etc. i dont trust my car to go 5hrs to BG.
anyone have any ideas about this black color on my dipstick (only one side)

More Boost, any newly rebuilt motor will generate some black/dark grey residue that will turn up on the dipstick as the motor breaks in. I wouldn't worry too much about that if everything else looks good. The motor will shed cast iron and bearing material as it breaks in, and this is probably what you are seeing. You will see less and less of this as you put more miles on it and change the oil and filter a few times. Rudy.

I hate it when this happens
you go "V" shopping find a part that you would use then do a search on it and at the top of the search there is a thread like this.:mad:

I guess the questions now should be, Is this still a problem with the cams?
OR
Is this just and old problem in an old thread and no longer an issue in this weeks newly built cams?

BTW thanks guys for the info.

I would just be safe and go with a roller set up. Inspect the lifters too. There is a thread on here with some weird finds on new products.

I bought mine from Full Throttle and they were very understanding and answered all my question over a weeks time before i purchased my roller cam kit.

good luck

I would just be safe and go with a roller set up. Inspect the lifters too. There is a thread on here with some weird finds on new products.

I bought mine from Full Throttle and they were very understanding and answered all my question over a weeks time before i purchased my roller cam kit.

good luck

I Just got of the phone with Mike @ FTS.
i didn't bombard him with questions because i am not ready to buy but when the time comes i'll ask away.
and Roller is what i am looking at buying.

Back