You can type here any text you want

Complete Hydroboost Conversion Kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Found a kit that doesn't require you to cut the firewall (in case you ever wanted to put the PM back on) and has everything to completely bolt on for $400. Anyone know of a better deal???

85 86 87 BUICK GN HYDROBOOST

Was doing a search and called them. Seemed knowledgeable about them, vac, and PM systems. Main thing was it was a complete package AND no damage to the firewall.

You can just go to the parts store and buy all the original style Hydroboost parts you would need for around $250. They bolt right in without cutting anything. Includes the booster, master cyl, and pressure lines. You can go back to the PM anytime as well....not that you will ever want to after having the hydroboost. :biggrin: What conversion requires cutting of the firewall???

I figured the Hydroboost parts weren't being made anymore so I started searching for kits. If it's as easy as ordering hydro parts for a 84-85 regal then thats what I'll do. What about the rod connecting to the back of the brake pedal? Can you order one or hack one up to fit?
BTW, I was under the impression that a Astro van unit required some firewall cutting.

Turbonut85: Thanks a TON!!! Very helpful in getting the parts. I did search but not very well I guess :(. If I have anymore questions I'll PM you. With the old PM going out I'm going to need to do this pretty quick, but winter is almost here....

Do you go ahead and replace the PS pump with the 85 model as well??

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkzMA1jrm00[/YOUTUBE]

I'll keep the powermaster (for a while). I also like to live dangerously;)

Back