You can type here any text you want

Complete untouched engine (detailed pics)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Nice pics.

Whys the terminals bent in the egr connector? what about the vice grip marks on the trans dowel pin?

Sorry I always gotta bust balls..

Looky here lumberjack. Im external gate now sir. better bring your walker and depends undergarments
Well, I don't need a walker "yet", but I'm definitely gunna rent a golf cart :).
And I won't need them depends things as long as I got the golf cart :).
So you got yourself a new stroker motor !! Geez Louise, everyone's gettin pretty serious in TAI these days,
I don't think I stand a chance against all you big dogs, I mean I'm just a nice old guy tryin to get down the track and have fun.
Now remember, don't you boys even think about red lighting....you hear that JD...

86 style inj harness and the zips on the injector harness are incorrect style and placementfrom what as donr in 87
makes sense though as thats not an 87 production motor
label on head shows 9/30/85 ,

Last edited:
1442416175976.jpg
Dave here you go....

Last edited:
86 rail.... booted inj. Connectors with standard zips
1442416264381.jpg

Last edited:
87 rail..... non booted connectors with ladder style zips
1442416347539.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Clint! So they are black. I had ordered a couple sets of black ones for both of my GN's from Highway Stars. They say black was the original color.

The transmission cooler line retainer clip and nut is missing on the oil pan stud passenger side front.

The transmission cooler line retainer clip and nut is missing on the oil pan stud passenger side front.

So was that put on the engine on the assembly line or was that put on when the engine was getting ready to be dropped in the car during the assembly?

So was that put on the engine on the assembly line or was that put on when the engine was getting ready to be dropped in the car during the assembly?

I was wondering if that was part of the transmission assembly or should be on the engine? Most people forget to put it back on when they rebuild/replace the engine so I wanted to mention it as a detail not to forget!

Great information here for restoration!

sometime when we get a chance clint and i will take some pics of even more complete engines..........i have a lot of complete new assembled engines........ one is an actual production line pull.......its complete with transmission and all accessories such as harness, intercooler, exhaust, cat, computer, coil pac, ac compressor, alternator etc..... highly likely to be a "one of a kind".............the engine in these pictures had been sitting uncovered in a warehouse for nearly 20 years when i got it.......thats the reason for the buildup of dust ........it had some evidence of getting some "bumps" along the way........the egr plug is actually cracked where something must have fallen on it.........the original oil filter was dented as well as the pan...........it was shipped to me sitting on a tire.........oh well......clint took pics of this engine because it was the easiest to get to since it was only 10 feet up on a rack........the rest are even harder to access.........since this was a 86 instead of an 87 and there are quite a lot of minor differences in the two years.........about 30 minor details........some internal and some external........internals such as different pistons...........externals such as the fuel injector harness........some easy to spot and some not so obvious........like the # 5 exhaust manifold lower fastener--------86 used a bolt/87 had a stud.........for quite a while i have been putting a book together on our car details........the more i write the more i find and i just may not live long enough to finish it at the rate i am going............

Those photos need to be made into a sticky. Maybe include any good close up photos of factory correct engine compartment components.
It would be great to have a reference for those of us correcting a previous owners idea of correct placement of under hood items.

Those photos need to be made into a sticky. Maybe include any good close up photos of factory correct engine compartment components.
It would be great to have a reference for those of us correcting a previous owners idea of correct placement of under hood items.

That will come in the future....

Back