Component Speakers w/ concert surround 2

Got horns?
:D

24603_1407900675836_1182005218_1143791_5805499_n.jpg

My wife got a kick out of it. I did a bench test w/some passive crossovers on the kitchen table and had her close her eyes and played some stuff that showed the staging and left/right separation.

She said, that's going in the car, but where???
She giggled when I told her all about my time spent listening to the speaker works Buick after Richard Clark bought it.

SpeakerWorks/USD Audio Install Gallery

the good ole days for me was 2001 when i competed on a national level in iasca idbl ,adv1441-up class and made it to the world finals and finished third......im very proud of that....i had about 1/10th the budget of my competitors.....
i prefer spl because the number that the system puts up is tangable....(i should be deaf,LOL)
sq is a judges' opinion....and you know what they say,opinions are like.............i like my sq too.....but nothing too elaberate (to me) can make me happy.....nice set of componets in kicks (sealed for good mids/midbass) imaged/directed/aimed right,i use the passive x-overs that come with them.....nice amp,etc..
do i break out a tape measure,buid my own x-overs?no...
i ask about my customers goals/music preferences,and design a system thats sounds good to THEM..........
post up a thread about good imaging,design,x-over building,etc(in a TR of course) with detailed pics and ill make it a sticky for you.....

Install should be completed Sunday, here's a list of what I have going into it.

1. OEM Delco CD player, to put my buick knobs on.
2. Audio Controll DQL-8 and DDC remote
3. Image Dynamcs Comp-2 fullbodied horns under the dash
4. Focal shallow mount 6.5" mids in custom "concert sound" pods.
(pic here) http://www.fototime.com/5EA6FEC4F270C31/orig.jpg
5. iPod
6. Alpine PDX-5 class D 5 channel amp.
7. Polk Audio C5 multi-chambered push-pull ISObaric bandpass.

The goal is to have it look almost completely stock, save a VERY small but VERY powerful and accurate detailed sub woofer in the trunk. The sub-box only weighs 20lbs and is capable of close to 140db if you can believe it, not that I would ever play it like that.