You can type here any text you want

compression ratio comparison

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
do you remember how much power you had in your 13:1 N/A engine and what cam? and it was a 4.1?

Haven't actually run it yet as the car is getting caged, rewired, etc, etc. It is really comparing apples and oranges to what you have. Mine is a stock 4.1 block but not much else. Aluminum heads, huge solid roller cam, big single plane intake with additional 2" spacer .... about all I didn't do was put a stroker crank in it. I have talked with another board member (ek02) who has about a 10:1 4.1L with a smaller cam, ported stock heads but he does have a stroker crank and he put 403hp to the ground. His is closer to your build but the bigger bore makes all the difference.

well how much is it safe to bore these engines when putting 12:1 compression? also i dont want to bore it to much because of the price of having it done
hopefully the extra compression and the cam im using will make up for the difference on volume

i get 98 octane fuel here iron heads that will be ported and milled a little , i wanted a stroker but charlief1 told me that it requires alot of machinig to be usable due to risk of rods smackin the cam so limited lift etc this will be a daily driver that will see track time mostly road course but also some 8th mile with a 5 speed tremec it will have a mechanical roller cam

my engine will never see N2O it will run on 98 octane gas maybe the auctional methanol being 12:1 it can run on it but right now it will run the cam i posted just gotta decide if im gonna work over the intake but ill see

i meant that the admin can delete the thread because i dont need it anymore but the advice is appreciated

as much pop as possible. we have all discussed this with you. Blow thru boost sounds alot more resonable these days huh?

well i have considered blowthru but iths just so repetative everyone does it ipreffer doing things alittle differently

I thought maybe I had gone off track from the original question about CR, so I deleted my posts.

well everyone kinda went alittle off track mixing in N2O etc etc all i needed to know was the horsepower difference between the cr`s

one thing i hate is being told is " it cant be done" when it comes to getting measly 300-350 horse out of it hell they got that kinda power form a 2 liter in N/A form

one thing i hate is being told is " it cant be done" when it comes to getting measly 300-350 horse out of it hell they got that kinda power form a 2 liter in N/A form

2 liter what though..... cant compare other engines to the V6... apples and oranges.

Anything (well almost) can be done with enough money but you have to remember, you are dealing with only 231 cubic inches and really limited to 7000 RPM at best. Those are the limitation which are real world and can't be changed. The 2 liter example would turn over 12,000 RPM. HUGE difference. So back to the Buick. At 231 ci and even only 300hp you are making 1.3hp per ci. Pretty impressive numbers. For a 350sbc it would be equal to 455hp. We all know the magazines can maybe scratch the number but it takes quite a bit of work. This is with almost unlimited aftermarket support for the sbc too. Again, the Buick is a great engine but it is neither cheap nor easy to make power N/A. The only real equalizer is compression. With your 98 octane gas the big compression should still be streetable-ish but if 300+ is your goal you cannot afford to leave anything on the table. This is where the cost goes through the roof. I can't even fathom what I spent on my N/A 4.1 to get about 400hp. I am pretty sure it would have bought a 550hp LS based engine pretty easily. Wouldn't have been near as cool but much easier and less expensive for sure.

Amen... these engines aint cheap in any form or fashion. The only people who build NA or Carb Turbo are either nuts... or have a point to prove. Why else go through the trouble when a hundred LC2 build recipes exsist. Its crazy to re-invent the wheel all the time.

Futten, don't see this as bashing, it is not in any way. Hopefully you will see it as an education. Learn from what others have done and experienced. Both AJ and I have "been there done it" and have the empty wallets to prove it; maybe even could dig up the T-shirt :)

Back