You can type here any text you want

computer chip question??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dentboy

New to the Gn world. My car is detonating under wot, plugs,wires,coil pack, fuel press all good. Factory boost gauge is pinned wot and detonates. 15 pounds and below its OK?? Chip that is in it just has a blue dot on it?? No writing or anything any idea what it is? Car is stock except for ram air injectors hot wire kit?? Thx

check for bad wastegate hoses, its a common failure.

too much overboost and detonation will cause head gasket failure or worse, so take it easy until this is fixed.

Can you actually see the fuel pressure at WOT, or are you only checking it at idle?

The chips usually have a label on the bottom side, so you have to remove the chip to be able to read the label.

post some pics.

Bob

What fuel are you running? Here in the desert heat with our crappy 91 we are lucky to get 14lbs detonation free.

I replaced all the vaccum hoses including the wastegate hose. I did check fuel only at idle not under wot. Running 93 octane and even tried can of torco octane boost and didn't help. My drivers side header has slight crack, would that cause a lean condition in that cylinder?? I wouldn't think so but thought I should ask. Thanks

Factory boost gauge is pinned wot and detonates. Car is stock except for ram air injectors hot wire kit?? Thx

Don't trust the factory boost gauge. You could be hitting 20+ psi and not even know it. Get a mechanical boost gauge. Pull the chip out, the writing is usually on the bottom. If it still doesn't say anything, get a new chip custom made for your injectors AFTER you verify what injectors you have. Fix that header crack before beating on the car any further...

The car was built in the early 90s. I doubt this condition has been present all its life. I'm sure previous owner would have hurt it by now. Car sat more than it was used for the past 14 years. So your saying header crack will cause lean condition???

Back