Concept Twin Turbo by G.M.1981???

johnnyttype

anyone ever heard of this engine? just saw it for sale on turbobuicks.com!

"THIS IS A ONE OF ONE 3.8L V-6 ENGINE
I have a 1981 General Motors CONCEPT engine built for GM by Gail Banks enginering. It is a Twin Turbo carburated NOS & alochol. The alcohol is sprayed in on the front side of the turbos. This engine was taken off the assembly line before any serial numbers were stamped on & sent to Gail Banks. All the internal parts are custom 1 of a kind. it also has with it the original TH350 transmission that was used during testing. This assembly was stolen from the Arozina proving grounds many years ago(It is legal now as so many years have past since the theft),(I did`nt steal it). It is in a 1984 T-type chassis that has a custom interrior(leather), custom paint(1984 white with cobolt blue), custom trunk filled with a 3500 watt sterio system. There is an article about the engine in the 1982 August issue of Hot Rod magizine on page 74,75,&76, also a picture in the 1981 November issue of Hot Rod magizine on page 27.
I AM GIVING AWAY THE CHASSIS--BUT--YOU MUST BUY THE ENGINE!
I AM ASKING $250,000. FOR THIS ONE OF ONE CONCEPT ENGINE."

Concept Twin Turbo by G.M.1981 - TurboBuicks.com

250 grand? How many hookers come with the car?

What I could do with $250k?

Buy a two flat, sell it in 5 years and make 100k or buy a junk motor that is "special" because some one says so! Hmmmmmmmm. I think I'll call my real estate agent.

I bet GM engineering would feel differently about the theft of their prototype engines. Regardless of "when".

I looked at the post. you would imagine if it was in fact something so rare that he would have a ton of pics to show with it to show people that it is what he says it is. also you would think he would have included the article from hot rod about the engine. sounds like a big scam to me, but then the whole claim is so outrageous how does he think anyone would believe him.

I think he's talking about the 4.1 twin turbo on the inside cover of the Powersource.

I call BS

The car may sell if they replace the 3500 watt stereo with a 35 gallon tub of vaseline.

I looked at the post. you would imagine if it was in fact something so rare that he would have a ton of pics to show with it to show people that it is what he says it is. also you would think he would have included the article from hot rod about the engine. sounds like a big scam to me, but then the whole claim is so outrageous how does he think anyone would believe him.

X2! You ask $250K for an engine that no one is aware of and do not even post a single picture.:confused: That makes absolutely no sense.
I would rather have 2 GNX's sitting in my garage and would still have money left over for mods.

twin turbo

If this is Gene that use to live in Lansing Mich I do not think it is a scam, my brother in law has seen the engine. I think it made a wrong turn to the crusher.

I saw this car/engine a few years ago as it was being put together and it is not a scam. Not sure about the price but it is a '1 of 1' motor. The intake setup itself is quite unique and impressive. This is not the motor that was on the cover of the Buick Powersource manual (or at least the intake setup is vastly different). I also believe a surprised GM engineer learned of it's existence and donated some engineering docs to the seller. Surprised it's not on Barret Jackson.

I remember gm making a late 80,s camaro with a twin turbo motor. But it was a 4.3 and it was a slug .Car was cobolt blue. looked killer. It probably went to the crusher.