You can type here any text you want

Confirm ARP bolts / studs part numbes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Can someone confirm the part numbers to use for ARP main studs (kit) as well as the conrod bolt kit, this is what I have from the ARP catalog and from searching the internet and Summit seems to have the best prices:

ARP-123-5401 Main Studs, 2-Bolt Main, Buick, V6, Kit
ARP-123-6002 Rod Bolts, Pro Series, Buick, 3.8, V6, Set of 12

Let me know if these are the correct numbers to order.

To save you some hassle, Johns performance puts a kit together just for the tta.

Just an idea,

Jason

bolts

Hi Jan,
Yeah, that's what I am coming up with, numbers wise.I am in the middle of a rebuild on my ttype's motor, and those are the numbers I got.
I was wondering, does anyone know if rod resizing is recommended when going to the good bolts?I would expect ARP stuff to be held to a pretty close tolerance, but we're talking VERY important specs here.I know a machinist who did the work on a 351 W for me insisted on resizing the rods when I gave him new bolts/nuts for that motor. Thought cap screws might be different. What do you think?

Thanks for confirming the part numbers, Summit Racing seems to be the cheapest place to get them.

And yes you will have to resize if you replace the rod bolts or you will have a disaster down the line, also check your rods for straightness etc at the same time.

Hi Jan,
Thanks, I suspected that to be the case. Better always to err on the side of caution! Good luck with your overhaul.

Back