congratulations Steve Thompson

princess

a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my Hubby Steve Thompson for his two best
passes so far of 8.89 at 155 and 8.93 at 153 mph at Reynold's

Thanks to everyone for the moral support after watching what a scare:eek: but exciting also:)

Steve, I saw some pics of the car, looks great, the workmanship under the hood is awesome!! Congrats on the 8 second pass. :cool:

You posted before I did Kate! Steve's car is going to go faster than you want him to go and may go faster than he wants to go :eek: He made those 8 second radial tire passes look easy. I know the car still has a lot left in it :cool: Tell him to email me the logs, and I hope his dad is doing better.

Congrats Steve and crew! That 8.89 was an awesome pass and it was even better to see your wifes reaction. You of all people deserve it!! Well done!!

Yes I got the 8.93 on Video and will deffinetly be on the "Reynolds 2009 DVD"!!! ;)

Scot W.

"Steve's car is going to go faster than you want him to go and may go faster than he wants to go".

I know! he already has the new feel and fever for the speed. How scary is that. I'm preparing myself for it. Just make sure Holly is next to me for a hand to hold again.
again thank you Steve is thrilled.

Congrats Steve and crew! That 8.89 was an awesome pass and it was even better to see your wifes reaction. You of all people deserve it!! Well done!!

Yes I got the 8.93 on Video and will deffinetly be on the "Reynolds 2009 DVD"!!! ;)

Scot W.

See I told ya he would back it up! :p:biggrin:

Big Congrats Steve, great seeing you again!!!!

When I looked at the car if I remember correctly it was only on a little 275/60/15 M/T Radial so that makes it even more impressive! I took some pics of the car but it really does it no justice the paint is amazing and the fabrication under the hood and attention to detail is outstanding!

Congrats on the new best pass!

thanx ya'll. I could not have gotten there with out all the support from...

my understanding wife
Holly, for holding Kates hand during the passes, & guiding her in the right direction for Christmas.
Cal, when I left with no tire spin, I said Cal NAILED the tune & the AMS1000.
Sully, for the help when needed turning wrenches.
Janis transmission, for a bad a** TH350 that is better than a Timex. (takes a likin & keeps on tiken)
Bobby @ RPE for a no worries power plant.

Yeah I was flipping through the pics and spotted the Bird...the attention to detail under the hood is awsome and talk about fast...dayammmm

Turboindian & Princess,
Congrats on the runs. I knew you could do it. Princess, It was also very nice to meet you.

When I looked at the car if I remember correctly it was only on a little 275/60/15 M/T Radial so that makes it even more impressive!

Those were a set of old & used tires at that... :eek:

Congrats Steve!!

K.

ain't that the damn truth, good thing I only have $125.oo in them.

Wow... That's not a bad price for a weekends worth of tire rental... :biggrin: Aren't they worth more now that they can be advertised as 8-sec. tires?!?! :eek: After all they are N.O.S... :rolleyes: :p

K.

Few vids you might enjoy Steve although the quality is crap.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbvtrA2uABQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnj7uuNnoEM[/YOUTUBE]

That is pretty darn good for some old 275/60 drag radials!

Congrats, I know it was a long hard road for you and I'm glad to see things finally going your way. Cool car.