You can type here any text you want

Considering Brake upgrade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nickygn23

I would like to fit a bigger rotor and caliper combination . Does any company sell a complete front brake kit for our cars and still retail our stock 15 inch rims. I'll keep my rear drums for now.
20160515_093001.jpg

Thanks.
Any advise would be appreciated

with the gn rims your limited on going bigger because the rim center is reversed
bear 11 rotor setup... get a hold of Scott W at gns performance

Cheapest and easiest upgrade is a pair of steering knuckles off a 4 door 2wd Blazer. You go from a 10.4" rotor to a 10.7" rotor and dual piston calipers. You can usually get then from a yard for around $100 and they bolt right on, just need to have an alignment once you're done.

I would like to fit a bigger rotor and caliper combination . Does any company sell a complete front brake kit for our cars and still retail our stock 15 inch rims. I'll keep my rear drums for now.View attachment 280872
Thanks.
Any advise would be appreciated
I wanted to do the same and keep my 15" Centerlines , but Baer Brakes only have 11" rotors that will fit 15" wheels . That is why I put Wilwoods on my car . They have a 12" rotor with 6 piston calipers that fit my 15" wheels . I couldn't justify putting on a 11" rotor that is only 1/4" larger than stock (10 3/4" ) , when I could go bigger and still fit . I'm not sure if they will fit on stock GN wheels , but there is a template on the website to help you figure it out .

DSCN0404.JPG
DSCN0406.JPG

I wanted to do the same and keep my 15" Centerlines , but Baer Brakes only have 11" rotors that will fit 15" wheels . That is why I put Wilwoods on my car . They have a 12" rotor with 6 piston calipers that fit my 15" wheels . I couldn't justify putting on a 11" rotor that is only 1/4" larger than stock (10 3/4" ) , when I could go bigger and still fit . I'm not sure if they will fit on stock GN wheels , but there is a template on the website to help you figure it out .
The stock rotor is 10.4" Sam, not 10.7". The thickness for stock is .987" and the S-10 is 1.09 before machining.The S-10 unit is also 10.7" diameter, and up grade of .3". Going to an 11" rotor is an upgrade of .6" and if it's as thick as stock then it's still an upgrade. I figured out how to adapt a 12" F body rotor to the S-10 knuckles cheaply, but you have to run a 16" wheel.

Thanks Charlie , I believe CRS has set in , I thought I read they were 10 3/4" :LOL:. This $1200 brake upgrade cost me $2800 more in new wheels & tires just to show them off . I didn't need them , my boys said I need them .:D Sam

Back