You can type here any text you want

Control Arms Boxed, Tubular, or Adjustable?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buick C Type

Just looking for some feedback on what opinions are on aftermarket control arms both upper and lower. What have you used and were you happy with the results. I'm looking to buy some and am on the fence as to what will be a good choice. Not looking to spend my kids college money on a set, but want something much better than stock.

Just bought a 9" Ford rear end and would prefer to change out control arms when the rear end is replaced. Car is a 1984 Buick Regal with a Cadillac 500 swap.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Buick C Type said:
Just looking for some feedback on what opinions are on aftermarket control arms both upper and lower. What have you used and were you happy with the results. I'm looking to buy some and am on the fence as to what will be a good choice. Not looking to spend my kids college money on a set, but want something much better than stock.

Just bought a 9" Ford rear end and would prefer to change out control arms when the rear end is replaced. Car is a 1984 Buick Regal with a Cadillac 500 swap.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

This is what I am using and I am very happy... It also won't kill the bank.... ;)

http://www.umiperformance.com/301516.aspx

Anything is better than stock i had hotchkins on one of my gn's back in the day but now they are so expensive cause you pay for the name they were very good but the umi would be your best bet non adjustable if your a hard core racer then go with adjustable

Rear Lower Arms

I had the Hotchkis ones and replaced them with the Curretrac ones to try on my TTA. I also did subframe conns at the same time. I seem to have better traction and can stage a few more #'s of boost. Supposedly with the ball jt on the rear end of the arm, U won't bind like U supposedly do with Poly on both ends. Makes sense I guess. Next I will think about making the same switch on my GN.

Back