You can type here any text you want

Control arms/trailing arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

godwingn87

I seem to be having an on going problem with my GN under WOT where the car sways left & right in the rear.. I have looked into it and it looks like the control arms are in pretty rough shape/rusty.. My car also appears to be riding crooked when I'm driving down the road.. I have a couple of questions to start- Is it control or trailing arms in the rear of our cars. I've heard it said both ways.
Second, is there a place that sales used arms for a good price? I've heard you can box stockers and they do well.. I wouldn't want to do mine as they appear to be bent a little.. I've had the front control arm bushings replaced recently and it helped a little but problem still not solved. I'm running about 27psi on alky and didn't notice it until I passed about 22 psi when I was tuning. It almost feels like when your hauling a heavy trailer and it tries to get away from you... Thanks in advanced for any help :)

This past winter I put in boxed lower control arms with urethane bushings and kept the stock uppers in. At the same time an 1 1/4 inch ATR rear sway bar was installed. It seemed to line up perfectly, when installing.

After the installation the back end would always drift to the right with burn outs or when accelerating hard in first gear then sort of sway side to side the rest of the quarter mile.

Put the stock anti-sway bar back in and the car returned to the predictable straight burn outs I always liked about that car.

The rear ends on these cars aren't always centered to the frame. I would put in adjustable arms and bring the car to a shop that can do a 4 wheel alignment.

Back