Control arms

nitrousmike175

How good are boxed control arms. Should i waste my time doing this are should i buy aftermarket arms and what about the uppers do i need to mess with them.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately do the boxed lowers.You'll noticed increased hookup immediately.Just did this with my car[t63e turbo,CAS V-1,etc.],and before,even with airbags,the car would drift sideways under power.Not any more.:D.I'm going to do something next for the uppers.Just not sure if I should do adjustables or reinforced stockers.BTW,get poly bushings for the boxed lowers.They seem to make the car rack truer as well.

Don't forget, boxing your own control arms still costs a bit. It's not like they're free. You're replacing bushings and paying a welder if your not doing it yourself. By the time your done, you'll spend half of what a manufactured set of hi-po control arms cost. Just wanted to point that out to you. ;)

What Red regal T said.

I bought a pair of brand new lowers for $149 on special from HP motorsport (they make the arms for a few of the national suspension part vendors). They have greasable urethane bushings, sleeves welded at the swaybar holes and came with new sway bar bolts.

My stock Lower control arms were crushed and bent from my ATR rear swaybar, so there was no way I was using those again. You have to be cheaper than me or own a welder/bushing pressing tool to not go the aftermarket route.

I did it both ways on my two cars.

Used HR Parts arms and their boxing kit with the bushing kit.

I had a shop weld and install the bushings and box kit for the WE4.
I had the same shop install the new arms on the GN.

All in all the cost was within $65 or so. I would go with HR Parts new arms for any new car if I had to do it again.

At least the shop painted my stockers for me after boxing them. :)

Doing it all yourself is another story as previously stated.