Converted To Turbo LS. Does it hurt value?

Uh oh...I'm not getting Chuck pissed at me...I owe him a couple favors already. I'm out...

I can tell from this response that your just a tad clueless on the entire high performance scene. Rusty Silver Bullet just went 10's with a complete un opened shitbox and NO ALKY...but he knows how to tune these piss poor, bad flowing engines. I forgot that ALKY was solely invented for the Turbo Buick engine and none other.
Guys run it because they can. Racegas is $9.00 a gallon. I can't get Racegas in my area except at the track. I get 25-30 gallons of Meth and just pull up to the gas station and away I go. It's convenient...it's safe and in 7 years...never and issue.

so one guy went 10s on unopened motor no alky PRAISE JESUS. that happens everyday with ls's and can make 600 without meth

ok lets go threw a scenario here with you, you have a buick on meth running some decently high boost on a 93/meth combo, youre cruising around and want to show some guy in a mustang or civic whats up, but you run out of meth mid WOT?

now lets go ahead and say that you dont have any alky in the car, and cant find any, does that end your day/night of crusing around messing around with car? YES OR NO. and were not even going into the "what if" of loosing all the octane enchancement mid pass either

so one guy went 10s on unopened motor no alky PRAISE JESUS. that happens everyday with ls's and can make 600 without meth

ok lets go threw a scenario here with you, you have a buick on meth running some decently high boost on a 93/meth combo, youre cruising around and want to show some guy in a mustang or civic whats up, but you run out of meth mid WOT?

now lets go ahead and say that you dont have any alky in the car, and cant find any, does that end your day/night of crusing around messing around with car? YES OR NO. and were not even going into the "what if" of loosing all the octane enchancement mid pass either

109s can run. not denying that obviously it just takes alot more to run with a ls, thats fact. they are better motors from top to bottom, everyone chooses a gun, dont get pissed cause i choose a bigger better gun and tell you yours isnt as good.

You are correct...when I run outta Meth...I'm finished...good thing it holds 6 gallons.

109s can run. not denying that obviously it just takes alot more to run with a ls, thats fact. they are better motors from top to bottom, everyone chooses a gun, dont get pissed cause i choose a bigger better gun and tell you yours isnt as good.

No one is mad about your choice of gun; just that you choose to take an assault rifle to a historic gun shootout and pretend that it actually has history. It's not a GN without a turbo 6. You still want all the GN glory without having to work for it. Ok, the LS is better, great, it should be; problem is you're still riding the coat tails of the GN legend and cheating your way to the top. I can throw an LS in anything that is considered cool and the LS is no way makes it cooler. Faster yes, cooler no.

Im not pretending anything..model on the ownership says grand national. last time I checked the motor doesnt state what the car is..the vin does, i dont know what mythical land your in but people still call mustangs with gm motors in them mustangs, same with any other swap car. when i go to car shows people still call it a grand national. Nobody ever says..hey nice regal. I see 109 swapped cars all the time..you dont hear people saying hey nice mazda grand national? no, what glory is that exactly a 80s buick beating a 80s corvette? look at the words you use.."glory", "legend" sounds like old school guys are butt hurt or are angry to me, and if anything im riding the coattails of the lsx.

ps: yes people are mad or else this wouldnt be happening

Last edited:
The LS is legendary, in 1998 when it came out in the fbodys stating it made 305hp and it really made 345hp, and the competition (mustang) only made 270hp, this is when it all began. Then people found out the truck engines are the same design but iron, and cheaper to obtain. Then people did a simple cam swaps including headers and made over 400rwhp. Then they started boosting them and got great results with reliability. Soon the LS craze was in full swing, great performance and reliability for a great price! People started swapping them into everything it could fit in! This is how a real legend is born! You can ask people if they know what an LC2 is and I'm sure not many will be able to answer that question. Ask them what an LS1 is and I'm sure they wil be able to tell you.

Why even carry on? There is no middle ground. It either is or it isn't. In the end, it is what it is.

Point being...if you want yo do an ls swap then do it. Does it hurt the value? To many of us yes, but you clearly do not care about that aspect. This happens on every marque forum. We are no different. Everyone knows what an ls is because its GMs new go to motor. Its in EVERYTHING. Just like the 3.8 which was also a go to motor. You can't defend yourself with the weapon you have chosen, when we have been sharpening ours for 30+ years.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Why even carry on? There is no middle ground. It either is or it isn't. In the end, it is what it is.
This kid is too funny. Each reply gets better and better...
What he really needs to do before the engine swap is...Find the yellow sidewalk in Kansas. At the very end of the sidewalk is a big green house. Knock on the door, and when the wizard offers the three gifts...take the brain...