Converting to intercoooled, need help with pic's....somewhat quick!

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
I have an 84 gn that I have put an 87 engine into. I have got uite a bit done. I need a little help in a few other place though. For these I probably need some pictures from you guys. I need a picture where the tranny lines come up to the radiator, and one that shows how all of those lines route through each other like the ac lines, the oil cooler lines, and the tranny lines.

I also need a picture of how the main harness routes on the back of the firewall, and down behind the fender well before it goes in.

Another thing I need a picture of is where all of the connectors on the engine wiring harness go to. I have the charcoal canister plugged in, along with the accessories, the fan plugged in, but thats about it. There are still some other stragglers that I dont know where they are routing to. If you could just post a pictures of each area that they tend to go to.

Another thing is the fuel pump wiring. I Have a hotwire harness in there from when the 84 engine was in there. Is there something that is different back there by the gas tank that I need to switch around, like just cutting, and splicing wires?

I think the last thing for now is the order of where each spark plug wire goes to. Im not sure what post on the ignition module goes to each individual spark plug.

Please help asap!

Well the wiring harness, it goes through the firewall the exact same way the 84-85 harness does. I'm not sure if you're asking just placement and you already have the harness in or not. If you dont have it in, you'll have to remove the fender well, because there is a clip that keeps the harness in snug. Almost all of the "round" loom goes "into" the fender well, so it looks like the "flat" loom just stops when it reaches the fender well. Hopefully that makes sense.
Fuel pump wiring is the same I think, I didnt have to change anything on my 85.

Well, lol its been a while since ive seen it, because the 84 engine has been out for a while now, and the 87 is already in. The fender well is out as well. I need to know where the loom goes under the ac lines, over them, or wherever they go compared to the heater box. Im surprised to hear you say that about the fuel pump wiring as well. I thought there was something different. Can you post up some pictures for me with the other things I asked?

Also, I have a sylenoid or something on the pass. side valve cover, and one side of it goes to the turbo with a Y in it, but the other side doesnt have anything on it. What is that and where does the other side go to?

Also, does anyone have a good vacuum hose routing diagram for the 87 cars? I can find a good one.

Well unfortunately I cant really give you pictures, my engine is out of my car at the moment. The "round loom" will pretty much all go in between the AC box and fender well. Thats the best way I can describe it.
I had to change nothing on my fuel pump wiring, the only fuel related things I had to change were relocating the fuel filter to the rear passenger side of the car since it can no longer sit in the stock 84-85 place, and the two fuel lines in the engine bay.
The solenoid on the passenger side valve cover is the wastegate solenoid, you will need to have it connected or the computer will throw up an error code. It's what controls the boost if you dont have a manual boost controller. The "other side" should just go to a vacume source. The driver side valve cover should have the EGR solenoid on it, you will need that as well.

Thanks for the help GN. That helped me on the selinoid thing, but I still need some sort of diagrams, photos, something. Something that shows me how things go. Its hard when it comes to explaining. The wiring harness, I understand what you are saying, but how does it get there from where the regtangle part ends, and the round part starts? This is the reason I wish SOMEONE could post up photos for me. I see people are looking, but not helping.

SOMEONE, PLEASE post up some pics, diagrams, ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Something else I need is how to plumb up the hydroboost with the 87 setup. I had to undo the tube that does on top of the master cylinder that went to the 84 pump, so now what do I do with that? And where do I get another high pressure hose that goes to the master cylinder and down to the steering rack?

Is this really that hard. I was looking to get a lot done tonight, but I havent gotten anything done, because nobody is helping out!

print this off for ref...i'll try and get pics but all i have is my camera phone:(

Engine Grounds

There are four ring type terminals at the elbow of the main wiring harness, two of which attach to the rear of the pass side cylinder head and two that attach to one of the bellhousing bolts.

Ring terminal with 2black/white 16 ga wires (short length)- A/C head pressure switch (gray), MAF, EGR (EVRV) Fuel pump relay, Coolent fan delay relay, ECM large connector C&D ground---NOTE: all spices are within 4 inches of ring terminal.

Ring terminal with 2 black/white 16 ga wires (long)- ECM large connect aux ground, ESC module ground---NOTE: all spices are within 12 inches from the large ground grommet going into pass side firewall below heater box.

Ring terminal with single black 12 ga (short)- A/C high pressure limit switch ( round sealed connector at compressor) --- NOTE: the splice connecting these wires is located about 18 inches from coolant fan connector.

Ring terminal with one black/white wire and one tan 16 ga (long length) ECM small connector- A&B ground. ECM large connector C&D- O2 sensor reference ground and there are NO splices on these connections; All are direct.

k i tried getting some pics but ya can make heads or tails

the tranny lines run off the rad down at angle along frame then along cradle over cradle/under pan and back