You can type here any text you want

coolant above valve in the air track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trixdout

So yesterday I was driving, gunned it a bit through an intersection coming out of the gas station. Yes stupid, car kicked out the rear and I got some knock on the scanmaster, in the split second glance that I took, it may have went up to 1.0 (i have the v2.2 chip in it). When the car started to go sideways is when the knock showed up, but I left off as soon as the car kicked out that much. I get to the next intersection in like 10 seconds and come to a stop, smoke spewing out of the tailpipe as if I was doing a immense burnout. There was no popping on the way home. Under acceleration the car did not sputter or pop and boosted fine and no smoke under acceleration. Coming to a stop is when the smoke shows up. If I let of the brake at a green light and cost through to the next block not touching the gas pedal and stop, smoke does not come out the tailpipe.

Took the turbo off and it doesn't look wet at all in the exhaust side, no shaft play any which way. Took off the doghouse and it looked wet. So I dug further and looked into all the air chambers going to the intake valve. Cylinder one chamber looked wet. Decided to take off the manifold and noticed coolant in that chamber above the valve. The intake manifold gasket looked fine, didn't look broken but sure was grimed up.

Long story short, can an intake manifold gasket leak coolant to the top of an intake valve even though it doesn't look bad?

By "wet", I assume you mean water? :confused:

Remove the valve cover and check the head to see if it is cracked in the water passage?

By "wet", I assume you mean water? :confused:

Remove the valve cover and check the head to see if it is cracked in the water passage?
I've been running coolant antifreeze. But I guess that's not a good idea cuz it eats through bearings. Is water and rmi mixed as a good substitute. Yea I took off the passenger side head and the head gasket looks fine. Bottom of the valves have like white snow on them. Spark plugs all look clean and white so I was knocking a bit. Sigh tomorrow till take off drivers side.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are the any witness marks or tracking showing coolant going from the water port to the #1 intake port?

Are the any witness marks or tracking showing coolant going from the water port to the #1 intake port?
Not that I could tell. There were all defined lines that the gasket would have made. No lines were broken.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back