Coolant shooting out of overflow reservoir.

thats what im talking about jay. Just trying to learn here guys. These hotair cars with their steel shim head gaskets are hard to figure out.

sweet. thanks man! when is good for you?

Possibly next weekend. Im pretty booked with stuff this week. Taking the wife to see the B52s on Saturday at the Cary Ampitheater so Saturday will be out. All I can really do is look at it and give you my opinion.. I dont have stuff to do leakdown tests here. Its all in my roll around cart which has been at Shane's for 2 years. Not to mention the way I do them, its not quite as easy as how most other people do them. I like to take the rockers loose and on a hot air car, thats an all day job.

........... I like to take the rockers loose and on a hot air car, thats an all day job.
Well . . . only one way to get good at it . . . . . do lots of them . . . (Joke . . .LOL!)

....... Im not much of a hotair guy ........
Seriously though . . . define not being a HA guy.
I am trying to get a feel what you think the differences are . . . .other than the obvious . . .

Seriously though . . . define not being a HA guy.
I am trying to get a feel what you think the differences are . . . .other than the obvious . . .

I can take apart an 87 and put it back together with my eyes closed. I cant do that with a HA car.

Good enough?

I can take apart an 87 and put it back together with my eyes closed. I cant do that with a HA car.
Good enough?
Yeah . . . There was no hidden agenda or disrespect meant . . . .
I have a lot of respect for the things you have done . . . . sometimes the struggles with the HA are different . . . so I wanted to benchmark the gap in my HA education.:eek:

Yeah . . . There was no hidden agenda or disrespect meant . . . .
I have a lot of respect for the things you have done . . . . sometimes the struggles with the HA are different . . . so I wanted to benchmark the gap in my HA education.:eek:

Yea.. theyre a little different. Ive done a lot of work on them over the years but not near as much as 87s. I did chips for 84s to use 84 MAFs with 87 ECMs, etc...

all day job ;) not here. on my car maybe 15 min to get the rockers off.

I went ahead and posted in the alcohol section but i don't have the brackets that hold the alky bottle in place. i have zip ties holding it in place....i noticed the stretch when the heat up. my question in that forum was/is do the brackets that come with the alky control kit assist with getting coolant back into radiator? My guess is they do to an extent. I doubt if they give so maybe the help create a "back pressure" (for lack of a better term). What do you guys think?

Wow, you really like grasping at straws. Accept it, the head gaskets are leaking.

i would but its being used as my alky tank. its looking like im gonna do the heads. either way, it will be a good learning experience.

Take pictures so we can see the culprit.