coolant

Tommyg

Am currently using rm125 with distilled water only. Temps. here are going to be in the 20-30 degree range. Am I o.k.?

Hey Tommy G, how you been? I run the same and the weather here in Chicago is really dipping down at night. I've been OK so far but I,m parked in the garage. I need to put some of the evil green in soon. Prolly do it today.
I geuss a good question here is, are you parked in the garage? If so then you should be O.K.

Rick

No!

Am currently using rm125 with distilled water only. Temps. here are going to be in the 20-30 degree range. Am I o.k.?

RMI does NOT provide freeze protection.

Since antifreeze has a "minimum" additive package, it provides little protection in the cooling system.

The Q&A section on my web site will give all the info you need to know about RMI-25.:smile:

Been running RMI-25 for years with distilled water. I live in CT and the car stays in the heated garage all winter. I don't run ANY antifreeze in it and as long as we don't have a long term power failure I am not worried about it. If it is outside and temps are going below freezing then YES, you need to add some antifreeze.

RMI does NOT provide freeze protection.

Since antifreeze has a "minimum" additive package, it provides little protection in the cooling system.

The Q&A section on my web site will give all the info you need to know about RMI-25.:smile:

thanks for the info.

Along these same lines: If I have RMI-25 and distilled water with 160 degree thermostat in a heated garage. What would be the minimum outside temperature that would be safe to start her in the garage then take it out and drive it? Will the water stay warm enough to prevent freezing in the radiator if the outside temperature is above 20 degrees? Or would the air flow through the radiator cause it to freeze?