coolest story!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GN owner
I believe the 302 was made using the 327 block with the 4" bore and the 283 crank with the 3" stroke.

Yep, small journal 327 block with a 283 crank.. No torque down low but get one wound up and hang on :D :D

My question was not if they made the 302 in 67.My ? is- was it a Z28 in 67. because in 67 it said 302 on the fender and in 68 it said Z28.

I believe the Z28 came out as a 67 1/2 model. They were originally built for road racing but some were sold to the public.

The 67 "Z/28" was available to racers only. Though Honestly back then you could get any engine you wanted in a car as long as it was offered, so the 302 very well could be attained from the factory. You would just have to wait. I doubt there were many seeting on a dealers lot.
The 68 was the firts year the "Z/28" was marketed to the public. For lack of a better name, Chevrolet just used the option code because it was catchy and it was what the racers were refering to the car as.
So I dont think that just because a 67 has a 302 in it its a Z/28... Might be, if you find one cheap I would find out what it is.
Oh and every Z/28 ever made has a Tach in it. If it doesnt, its not a real one. There is no arguments on this, if it doesnt its not factory. I dont car what year it is or who has it, No tach No Z/28.
Just like there are no factory L98s with 5-speeds in any F-body from the 80's or early 90s. Not to say you couldnt drop a 350 in but thats just how it was.