Cop prevented NFL runningback from being with dying mother-in-law

i know this is straying a bit , but why do people bother saying they are subscribed on a thread. this really makes no sense to me. if you got something to say, just say it. like i said before brett and i don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but the cop was in the right, and not being racial at all. the guy should have stopped and explained not kept driving until he got to the hospital and then jump out and start walking away. white guy would have been treated the same way from what i watched. could the cop have been more sympathetic, yeah, but that's not his job

Safety is #1 and I agree with Brett. Out here in Vegas it is the wild west. We have #1 auto theft, #1 in domestic violence deaths/injuries, #1 suicide rate in juveniles/adults and etc... I work in the worst area of town which is primarily inhabited by Hispanics and Blacks. I get a long with some people who have done serious time and respect me b/c they want no trouble. Teenagers though they know everything. I had a woman i took for 2k in traffic warrants and said i was a racist b/c i was taking her to jail, lol:rolleyes: and b/c she was black. Btw her two 16 y/o daughters took merchandise from a K mart and were sent to juvenile hall on felony Burglary charges. One of my partners was told by a black suspect he would put a bullet in his head (he went to jail for possession of cocaine) and of course was mr tough guy once in handcuffs. we had a crazy ex wife go to her husbands house and call the cops and make up the story that she was getting beat by her ex (while his g/f was locked in the bathroom) just to get us out faster albeit code 3 from 10 min away with my partner (both of us driving at over 100mph b/c details stated husband was stabbing ex wife and her son corroborrated the false story as well) and then when arrived ran out and told us nothing happened. That is who i service so think about that next time you blast some cop who is way more likely to be running code in a call and killed in traffic accident running to some moron who really is a pos themselves or falsifies their incident so we can show up faster just b/c they want revenge on someone else (ex; gun call 4 black women we had to felony car stop b/c the driver was screwing a b/f of another girl at the same project housing complex). i invite any person for a ridealong when visiting Vegas to see what we deal with it. My buddy flew in last week for business trip and shook his head in disbelief and his only words were that he could never in his wildest dreams believe people are that dumb. If i had been the Dallas cop i had been on high alert b/c he failed to stop or obey my signals, major from it appears to be verbal issues and questioning the officer and his job which is always a bad idea as well as refusing to obey orders and then everyone bailing out of a vehicle. i can tell you we caught a stolen vehicle on my first call of the day that plate had been switched (cold plated) and it happened just that quick where everyone is bailing out of the vehicle prior to them even calling the vehicle over radio b/c the robbery suspects knew they were done. cops are always taught to prepare for the worst and be safe. in the average person's job they mess up something it may delay their promotion or lose their job. in my line of work if we miss a signal or are behind the 8 ball and not on our A game we pay for it with our lives! Remember that next time you slam us. The saying for Metro goes that w/e we are going to a hot call and the dispatcher says FD (fire dept) is holding short we are always saying: last to know, first to enter! Remember that!:mad:

i know this is straying a bit , but why do people bother saying they are subscribed on a thread. this really makes no sense to me. if you got something to say, just say it. like i said before brett and i don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but the cop was in the right, and not being racial at all. the guy should have stopped and explained not kept driving until he got to the hospital and then jump out and start walking away. white guy would have been treated the same way from what i watched. could the cop have been more sympathetic, yeah, but that's not his job
Cause people may not care to voice an opinoin but they want the thread saved to the user cp section so they dont have to hunt for it why it bothers you idk:rolleyes: as far as the incident i would have prolly ended up shot in this instance
cause i would have run into the hospital given the situation i could give a sh#t less if the officer or anyone else wanted to stop me from seeing my dying relative When my sister passed away at 15 due to a brain aneurism(?) i broke quite a few laws on my way there there are some things that are more important than any law in the land and they dont always have time to be explained especially to an ahole on a power trip cause all the im sorry we had no ideas in the world will make up for cheating you out of this moment.. GN BRETT i can usually agree with you in all of your posts but not in this one..race card who really cares i say it because of one thing the cop should have let him go after it was verified his story was real at that point he was waaaay outta line and being a di@#head for holding him up...the chief was right in apologizing just based on that...

I just found this too yall might wanna read...I also agree that members bashin members jerry springer style isnt really y we r here is it? ;)

you know what ass, i was asking a ?. if your to dumb to find a post and have to "subscribe" to it that's on you. you want to give me a tude you'll right back.

Cops sux, I have no use for them and if i have a crisis they are the last people i want to see.

We all know cops write tickets to raise revenue for the city and to keep there job. Cop could have written ticket or tickets in less than 3 minutes and be done with this.

Driver was wrong to run red light but...... He did not blow thru it being reckless, still wrong but not worthy of i am law and god speech from the po po.

I am almost 50 years old, if i am driving over the speed limit or running red lights most likely i am aware of it. I do not need a lecture from a cop. That is not his job.

In the last 3 years i have been pulled over for an inspection sticker, my son got a speeding ticket for 36 in a 30 and another ticket on a different day. ALL 3 TICKETS HAD BLANTANT ERRORS ON THEM. You would think the cops could at least fill out a ticket correctly.

I feel sorry for the family in this thread that had to put up with this BS from the cop. I bet a good review of this cop will find other issues brewing.

The cop was absolutely correct in his actions...... in the first two minutes. Once he verified that he was safe from harm from the occupants in the vehicle and the story seemed to have some validity, he should have let them skate. He is a complete azzhole, he's told that the woman is dying right then and his response is "I'm almost done". Sure, that ticket is much more important.

How many more times has this douche over stretched his authority?

Zach Thomas: Same Dallas officer mistreated my wife | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Cause people may not care to voice an opinoin but they want the thread saved to the user cp section so they dont have to hunt for it why it bothers you idk:rolleyes: as far as the incident i would have prolly ended up shot in this instance"

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to him-he obviously has a hard time with critical thinking (although this was basic IMO). Now it makes sense that his avatar is a cartoon:eek:

We all know cops write tickets to raise revenue for the city and to keep there job.

If you had a clue as to what you were actually talking about you might actually not sound so stupid. Any infraction ticket written out goes to the STATE not the CITY or TOWN the cop works in. It usually goes to support the cost of training officers at the police academy.

If a cop writes 1 or 100 tickets it makes no difference in his pay or job security....:rolleyes: Get a clue!

So try doing a little research next time before you make a fool out of urself in front of 24+ thousand members....:rolleyes:

you know what ass, i was asking a ?. if your to dumb to find a post and have to "subscribe" to it that's on you. you want to give me a tude you'll right back.
I really doubt anyone on here will agree with you that its dumb to sub a thread you would like to read again :confused: dumb is looking thru hundreds of posts to find the one you wanna read again when you knew you were gonna come back to it later before hand. Mabye you got tons of time to waste but most of us dont we got jobs and bills and sh#t!!!!!! Either that or you forgot to add short yellow bus to your list of vehicles!!!! :biggrin: and you had way more "tude" in your first post than my reply :cool:

If you had a clue as to what you were actually talking about you might actually not sound so stupid. Any infraction ticket written out goes to the STATE not the CITY or TOWN the cop works in. It usually goes to support the cost of training officers at the police academy.

If a cop writes 1 or 100 tickets it makes no difference in his pay or job security....:rolleyes: Get a clue!

So try doing a little research next time before you make a fool out of urself in front of 24+ thousand members....:rolleyes:

Sorry friend, you are the one making a fool out of youself on a 24k member forum! I dont know how they do it up there where you work, but I can guarantee the money isnt going to the state. In my old home state of Ohio the locals kept the money. One city I used to work in, Cleveland Hts. Ohio, has their own traffic enforcment division. Can you guess what their job is to do? Thats right, write tickets to fill the cities coffers! And if you got pulled over by one of these jokers you were not getting any kind of break. Hell, off the top of my head I can think of at least 10 communities in the Cleveland/Akron area that are notorious for ticket writing and not much else. Do you think these local cops are being so zealous to fill the states coffers? I dont think so!

James

It varies where you live. I work for LV Metro and we have traffic units whose sole purpose is to write accident reports and write tickets. I do occassionally write tickets but i dont have a quota that has to be met per month!

James is right for Cleveland. I grew up in Cleveland Heights and they are ridiculou even when your uncle retired from them after 35 years they are ruthless! I lived in Lyndhurst and family now lives in Kirtland and they are brutal everywhere. Pull you over for cracking the throttle on one of your sweet rides and the sad part is i know none of them could last as a true "street" cop working the ghetto like I do! Good thing before i became a cop i had FOP cards from a fellow member on here (Mygs462). Ohio is just a rough state in general as all these little suburbs in Cleveland all they do is run speed traps and write tickets and a lot of them are tough guy ticket writers!

In Nevada the way you write the ticket as putting down city or county codes or just the state determines who splits the money (county/state; city/state etc) just by filling in a few boxes.

Even though i dont write them i can tell you vegas traffic cops some of them can write 20 in less than 2 hours and since we only have federal taxes they are expensive (not uncommon to hear people getting tickets for speeding or redlight in between 300-500 bucks!:eek:

Sorry friend, you are the one making a fool out of youself on a 24k member forum! I dont know how they do it up there where you work, but I can guarantee the money isnt going to the state. In my old home state of Ohio the locals kept the money. One city I used to work in, Cleveland Hts. Ohio, has their own traffic enforcment division. Can you guess what their job is to do? Thats right, write tickets to fill the cities coffers! And if you got pulled over by one of these jokers you were not getting any kind of break. Hell, off the top of my head I can think of at least 10 communities in the Cleveland/Akron area that are notorious for ticket writing and not much else. Do you think these local cops are being so zealous to fill the states coffers? I dont think so!

James

Wrong. Cities and towns that enforce parking violations or any other city or town ordinance will result in money being paid to that town. Speeding tickets or other moving violations (State infractions) are STATE offenses for which the state legislature sets the maximum fine. The money generated from an infraction (State fine) does not go to the town or city it goes to the state and that state decides how and where that money is spent.

All cities have traffic enforcement divisions within their police departments. So what ur point? That's a common division in most all police departments.

Our city has parking ordinance officers. We call them brownies cause they wear brown uniforms but they are NOT police officers and have no statutary authority to write state infractions but they have authority to write CITY ordinance parking violations which generates money for the town or city and NOT the STATE.

What makes you think you should receive any kinda break from speeding? Do you have a job? If part of job was speed enforcement while working in the traffic enforcement division and you were NOT taking enforcement action when observing someone speeding then your simply not doing your job. What makes you so special that you should get a break?:confused:

I always find it amusing when people comment on how Cops should be enforcing real crime vs. writing tickets. Well they are, it's called the PATROL division. So stop whining cause you got caught for speeding. You think your the only one?

Quotas are illegal so to imply that these Cops are writing tickets to meet some sort of quota to line the pockets of local town or city officials is just ignorant.

Educate yourself before you post nonsense....:rolleyes:

LOL....owned! :biggrin:

its funny how its always the same kind of people crying about the cops... and oh yea its even the same story over and over again wonder why :confused:

I wont even bother to comment to half of the thread other then you people have NO idea what it is like to be a police officer. :mad:

The money generated from an infraction (State fine) does not go to the town or city it goes to the state and that state decides how and where that money is spent.

Are you sure that's true for each state? A little village in Ohio called New Rome was notorious for writing speeding tickets which went directly to the the pockets of the corrupt village leaders.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Cop who stopped Moats in hospital lot resigns

He probably couldn't take the heat any more. I don't think he should have been fired but I can understand him quitting. He's probably embarrassed or just plain tired of hearing about it. He made a bad decision at a very bad time.

I've been following this story from when it first happened and i think that cop was totally out of line in the way he reacted to someone rolling thru a red light, not running a red light. If i was in that situation i would have probably rolled thru the light a little faster than that guy did and would have probably ran into the hospital as soon as i got my door open, but with that cops poor judgement and attitude toward people he's supposed to serve and protect, he would have probably shot me dead before i made it to the entrance.

What would he have done in a real dangerous situation?

I'm glad he quit before killing someone.

As for subscribing to a thread all you have to do is post something and you are subscribed to it, you don't have to say anything about subscribing.

John :smile:

It varies where you live. I work for LV Metro and we have traffic units whose sole purpose is to write accident reports and write tickets. I do occassionally write tickets but i dont have a quota that has to be met per month!

James is right for Cleveland. I grew up in Cleveland Heights and they are ridiculou even when your uncle retired from them after 35 years they are ruthless! I lived in Lyndhurst and family now lives in Kirtland and they are brutal everywhere. Pull you over for cracking the throttle on one of your sweet rides and the sad part is i know none of them could last as a true "street" cop working the ghetto like I do! Good thing before i became a cop i had FOP cards from a fellow member on here (Mygs462). Ohio is just a rough state in general as all these little suburbs in Cleveland all they do is run speed traps and write tickets and a lot of them are tough guy ticket writers!

In Nevada the way you write the ticket as putting down city or county codes or just the state determines who splits the money (county/state; city/state etc) just by filling in a few boxes.

Even though i dont write them i can tell you vegas traffic cops some of them can write 20 in less than 2 hours and since we only have federal taxes they are expensive (not uncommon to hear people getting tickets for speeding or redlight in between 300-500 bucks!:eek:

Its a shame you have to bust on other cops. Give me a break. :rolleyes: